cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Rule in SAP PI 7.31 does not generate alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have created an Alert rule in SAP PI 7.31 single stack installation in my integration directory.

Have referenced the below guide from Michal:http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

Created alert rules in ID and added configuration objects, message status and local consumer to it.

I have scheduled the Alert consumer job to run every hour, also attached the local consumer ALERT-TO-MAIL to this job.

Added the respective mail id's for this job as part of the set up.

Under Java system properties->Services->Mail client, the same set of properties mentioned in the blog were maintained.

Even after all these settings, still I dont see any alerts being reported, inspite of rules getting triggered.

Did I miss anything else, and is there any need for me set up the central monitoring server in exchage profile?

Appreciate your help and thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

I am having the same issue. Do you have any solution yet?

EDIT: How do I check if any alerts have been thrown using wsnavigator?

Greetings,

Moritz

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know it may sound silly but i hope the alert rule created in ID has enabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

Yes the alert rule is enabled with payload in the email in ID.

I have rectified the previous job log error with -1 to 0.Even after this I am not able to get the consumer job pick alerts for my failed messages.

I see in the job log, that no alerts were consumed and aggregates.

Any help on this please. Thanks!!

SHashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all using AlertRetrieveAPI (wsnavigator) check whether ur alerts are getting generated or not?

Secondly, check the AlertConsumerJob logs.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Amit.

I see my WSNAVIGATOR disabled and cannot test anything presently. Might be access/authorization issue.

Related to job logs of my consumer, I see the return code as -1, and log as below:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions720.NamenotfoundException: Path to object does not exist. First missing component is [jms], the whole lookup name is [jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/ALERT-TO-MAIL].

Let me know if anything else required. Thanks!!

Shashi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem

You have created a local alert consumer on AS Java. You go to SAP NetWeaver Administrator > Operations > Jobs > Java Scheduler > Jobs and select a particular job. When you select theLog tab in the Job Details area, you see a message with Info severity that contains the following details:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions720.NameNotFoundException:

Path to object does not exist. First missing component is [jms], the whole lookup name is

[jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/ALERT-TO-MAIL].

Solution

This is a standard behavior of the system and not an issue with the local alert consumer.
With component-based message alerting, the system creates an alert when it detects an issue with a message. By default, the system creates a JMS queue when it detects a message issue for a first time. Before that there is no JMS queue for the local alert consumer. In case the system has not created this JMS queue yet, running a job checking for queue that do not exist would normally lead to the NameNotFoundException shown above.

Source : (PI) NameNotFoundException for local alert consumer - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

So that is not an issue. Are there any failure messages generated for this Alert Consumer?

Can you share screenshot of the failure message n your alert rule?

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the error , PI server unable to identify the mail id which you configured. PI has to access the mail server check with basis team.

For example if you give the gmail id it wont recognize instead give you client mail id.

Also check the job log is -1 or 0.

Regards,

Manigandan

0 Kudos

Hi Shashikanth,

Please check the step-by-step guide for alert configuration

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Have checked the document prior this discussion. I do not see central monitoring related services in my nwa.

The above blog asks to import the central monitoring related services under "ALL Config" services.

Let me know if these are mandatory to have alerting active. If these are mandatory, then I dont see them mentioned even a word in Michal's blog.

Thank you!!

Shashi