cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Identifier in the Excel Output Variant for CG02(BD)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we use the Output Variant Empty -> Excel the resulting file contains the NAM PROD identifier.  Is there any place in configuration to alter this to a different identifier or at the least, add another identifier of our choosing to the resulting Excel file (provided we created a new output by copying the Excel output)?

Thanks,
Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After debugging with one of my programmers, we've determined that this cannot be changed via configuration.  There Excel Output function module C1H0_SUB_SHOW_VALUAT_XLS contains a sub function module called C148_IDENTS_GET_FOR_SUB_ which returns all the identifiers from the identifier tab for the spec or specs you're trying to output and then returns the first spec in the list to the Excel output file.  This would be great for us, except that NAM PROD tends to be the first identifier in the list because the list is sorted alphabetically and our custom identifiers all start with Z.  At least I now know that I cannot manage this through configuration.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason

I will check your findings but I belive this finding is are according to my knowlegde not correct. You can adapt the identification listings used. Your finding regarding the used function module is correct. PLease do a recheck.

C.B.

PS: Please check this link:

C1H0_SUB_SHOW_VALUAT_XLS - Function - ABAP - SAP

Specify parameters for substance information system

http://www.consolut.com/s/sap-ides-zugriff/d/e/doc/E-C1H0_SUB_SHOW_VALUAT_XLS Sorry German link

consolut - C1H0_SUB_SHOW_VALUAT_XLS_PARA - EHS: Ausgabeparameter f. Eigenschaften v. Stoffen (mit Ex... Sorry german link;: a must to read

Comming back to your "original" thread. The one parametr is descricbed here as well (topic of texts longe > 132). This seems to have an effect only on userdefinedtexts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stand corrected.  The second link was the key for me.  It explained which user exits to use and how to set the environment parameters for each user exit.  Christoph, I bow to your superior PLM knowledge.  Thank you so much for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally, this helped me get the long text to display as well.  So you killed two birds with one stone.  Thank you again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason

short answer; yes you can do something. May be this is nearly the same question as raised by you some time ago: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3416918

A "similar" thread is this one: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3279774

Therefore shortly: we have to differentiate between identifiers on level of spec as part of hitlist and of spec as part of e.g. composition or spec listing. If i remember correct different identification listings are used (but not sure about that; never investigated once again).  There are some standard identification listings in the system which are used at different places. A very long time ago we have analyzed them.

You have e.g. D_HITLIST etc. check this quite old link whifh i found by hazard:

Check identification display

As EHS has growed there are now more identification listing in place (e.g. for inheritance, ....). But there was never the need to analyze once again.

Best approach is: either (if possible) adapt the identification listing as used or create an own putput variant based on SAP original one an change code (and therefore behaviour of this) so that may be you can select identifiers to show up in output (never done it like that but may be the user will be satisfied and technically it is possible).

Hope this helps.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph.  I understand where the config is for the identifier listings.  I'm trying to figure out which identifier listing is used by the output variant program so that I can get another identifier added.  I can't seem to find any config for that and perhaps there isn't any config for that.  I'm going to work with one of my programmers to investigate this.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason

please check customizing (Definition of userExits and their parameters) there the OutputVariant EXCEL is defined. There is a paramter in place specifying the ident. listing to be used (according to my dump analysis). May be D_DEFAULT as identification listing is used in standard; If you exchange the parameter of the output variant by using e.g. Z_SAP and defining the "ident listing" using proper identifies then you should be able to use different identifiers. According to my dump analysis the same identification listing is used for the specification from hit list and for components (either composition or spec listing). This approach is still "static". That means you need to define one identification listing; the user can not adapt this. If you "enhance" the whole Function Module used (and by some selection screens to be designed) you can prepare a flexible solution for identifiers; and by using "clever" tricks the user may be able to store his/her selection so that the user decision can be used often. Clearly this is "more" expensive in comparison to the fact that you would only prepare a new company specific identification listing and adapt the customizing but on long term this solution might be a clear benefit for the end users.

C.B.

PS: if you check coding you will understand why in the standard only the output of 50 VATs at max is supported; if needed you could enhance this if you use the "complete" own coding option