cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report (10.5.3700.0) not working in windows 7 x64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

Please note we are using the above runtime dll for our users for crystal report in VS2010. We noticed that some our reports not working to the users machine who has windows 7 x64 bit. Same report works fine in the windows xp 32 bit machine. Those reports have grouping and sorting.

I would to know what patch we need to apply so the reports work fine to the users machine? or is there any proper solution.? We use windows click once application.

Thanks

Fawad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Fawad,

CR 10.5 is not supported nor ever tested in VS 2010. It's the CR Basic runtime for VS 2008.

Use SP 8, Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio 2010/2012 from this link:

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio: Updates & Runtime Downloads

First link is the integrator into VS and other ones are the redist packages for deploying.

Also, we recommend uninstalling VS 2008 CR Basic components if you have both VS 2008 and VS 2010 on the same PC. VS 2010 has problems updating old application references to version 13 if they both exist.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don for you reply.

This means we have to redeploy all our 60+ clickonce application with the latest references?

Is there any temporary solution so the users can continue their job using the existing applications?

Thanks

Fawad

0 Kudos

It does, also means you need to update your DEV PC so it uses the correct references also, then re-deploy the runtime and your app.

Fix the report I guess.... did you deploy the 32 bit runtime on those 64 bit OS?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don.

Our users they have runtime 32 bit if they have windows xp and 64 bit if they have windows 7

Our development machines are Windows 7 and we have 64 bit crystal rleport run time as we use compile with AnyCPU which means, if users have xp it will use 32 bit for XP machine and will run 64 bit if users have windows 7. (Please let me know if this is correct).

Thanks

Fawad

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AnyCPU means that a 64 bit OS will by default require 64 bit runtime, 32 bit OS will be default require 32 bit runtime. It is up to you to ensure that the correct 32 / 64 bit runtime is deployed.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And to complicate things further, there is NO 64-bit runtime for the 10.5 version of the assemblies that you're currently using.  So, you would have to specify the app as "X86" instead of "Any CPU" to get it to run as is on the 64-bit machines.  Since this also means redeploying your apps, you'll need to decide whether you want to redeploy twice or just bite the bullet, update the assembly references, and redeploy once.

-Dell

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umm, 10.5 has 64 bit runtime:

CRRedist2008_x64(Intel)

CRRedist2008_IA64(Itanium)

Documented here:

- Ludek

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's good to know - I wasn't aware of that.  Thanks Ludek!

-Dell

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NP.  

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Set your project to x86 and recompile and then try again.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone for their great comments. Much appreciated.

The issue is also in the design of our report which we need to change.

e.g Data coming from store procedure. for sorting e.g (which was the requirement).

and we are doing grouping inside the crystal report for other fields and having original sort causing the issue, which worked well with x86 but caused problem in 64 bit. Changing the runtime and redeploying all the 60+ is a big job.

We will identify those report which has orginal sort order and change to  asc within crystal report and will deploy for now, i guess original sort order is not a good practice in crystal report? and no need to do any sorting in store procedure and lets crystal report handle that is the good practice? but it is hard in crystal report if i need to achieve the above sorting in crystal report.

I will also publish the apps using x86 dll for windows 7 but clients to have crystal runtime for 32 bit.

Thanks

Fawad

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fawad, your best bet is to go to "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" if yo are using VS 2010 or 2012. If you are using VS 2005 or 2008, go to Crystal Reports 2008 (v. 12.x).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Don. Thanks for the suggestion. I would rather change the runtime as we have very old runtime.

@Ludek. Do we need to uninstall the previous runtime from users machine before apply the latest runtime to the users machine as Don mentioned there is a problem updating the files?

Also we are still waiting and noone contacted us via phone regarding the issue.

Thanks

Fawad

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need to uninstall the runtime on a user's computer. You do want to make sure there is no CR 10.2 or 10.5 on the development computer though.

Your phone case is owned by someone as I do not see it in the back log. Hopefully they will contact you ASAP.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Just uninstalled the old 10.2 and 10.5 to the developer machine and installed the 13.0.8. Service pack.

First question is that the version of the dll e.g crystal.shared.dll shows in VS2010 as 10.0.2000 i was expecting 13.0.8, but when i bring my cursor to the file in the file system it shows version 13.0.8 but looks like VS studio does not change?

Second question is that where is the latest dll installed? i got from the following folder but i have win 7 so i was expecting under win64 folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet

Thanks in advance

Fawad

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, version 10.0.200 is from Crystal Reports 10.0. Not 10.2, not 10.5...

Looks to me like you referenced that version in the app or an app you are trying to update. So, remove the dll from your project. Then re-add version 13.x manually.

As to where it is located; the GAC.

Wondering if they are not help you with this on the phone incident you purchased?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek

Sorry i meant 13.0.2000 and the question really was that even i installed the 13.0.8 Service pack and the dll  shows 13.0.2000. I thought it will be 13.0.8

Yes i will get a call today for that.

Thanks

Fawad

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, confusing. 13.0.2000 is the assembly version and it never changes with any SP. The file version does change. but you have to get to it via the properties of the dll.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also noticed that user have runtime 13.0.3 (Service pack) and the application using the 13.0.8 (Service pack) but application still works fine. I was expecting that user will get an crystal report runtime error. but looks like crystal report engine is backward compatable.

Thanks

Fawad

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is. But. Between SP 3 and SP 8 there are over 80 issues fixed and if your app uses the SP 3 runtime and hits on one of those issues, you'll be banging your head into the nearest wall trying to figure out what's up. It's always advisable to be on the same SP - Dev, QA and Prod. Otherwise, you're not comparing Macintosh apples to Macintosh apples...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek

our intention is to have everyone have same runtime and we will deploy to all users machine. right now doing testing and posting stuff so other reader may get benefits from that.

Thanks

Fawad

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool, cool. Love it .

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

We still testing the 13.0.8 and i noticed that when you print use the existing web application which has 13.0.2 reference show the print to pdf dialog, It shows the printer name directly where we dont have 13.0.8.

Does anyone know how to disable that feature?

Thanks

Fawad

0 Kudos

Not clear what you are saying. can you do a ALT - Print Screen and paste in what youa re seeing?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I have attached the screen shot.

IE8 32 bit, im getting first screen shot.

IE8 64 bit, im getting screen underneath.

This is fine in the other users who dont have CR 13.0.8 installed and they get print name directly when they click the print button on the CRviewer.

Thanks

Fawad

0 Kudos

Read the fine print:

"Note you must have a PDF reader installed."

Does IE 8 64 bit support PDF plug-in?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don.

I have PDF, I can print with no problem. The question is why it is giving this option to save first or create pdf first instead of directly show the printer to print? which does those users who dont have 13.0.8 installed.

Thanks

Fawad

0 Kudos

I don't know, something different between the 2. Run Fiddler, possibly it will show you what is happening and what route it's using to prompt for printer info differently.

Likely the differences is due to 32/64 bit platforms and the Viewers default setting set to PDF rather than ActiveX. Try changing it:

You are not telling ne enough about your app or configuration to give you anything specific.

Try debugging this yourself and see what other info you can provide.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don

Let me explain again. There is no code change at all.

Our existing web application is deployed long time ago using 13.0.2 runtime so no code change at all.

Users using it with client machine with no problem. But users who has installed 13.0.8 runtime for testing all our application facing the screen shot i provided earlier. why users getting to create pdf first before printing?

Please tell me if it is not clear.

Thanks Don

Fawad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3473468

I have IE8 not even working with compatibility mode.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20672254/ie11-crystal-reports-printmode-activex-now-displaying-pd...

I guess the latest run time 13.0.8 which causing this to happen in existing web application. The users dont have this runtime have no issue, they get printer (Activex) when they click print button.

Thanks

Fawad

Answers (0)