Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Source of Supply Tab missing on PM PDP PR after passing to SRM

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I've recently been working on the SRM integration of ECC PM PRs for non material items (just enter text with item category blank) and appear to have it working. However I notice in various reference documents that I should have seen a new tab appearing on the ECC PR for 'External Source of Supply' tab indicating the status of the PR/SC in SRM such as ‘Send to External Sourcing : Accepted’ . At no point in the lifecycle did I see this tab appearing.

For information we are on ECC 6.0 with EHP5 and SRM 7.01 SPK7

Any ideas why this is or what I have done wrong?

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

Can you please paste a screenshot here . I assume you  see the Source of Supply tab but not the external source of supply tab isnt it ?

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita

Yes I see a source of supply but no external one.

Hope this what you are after.

Thanks

Ian

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Usually, when PR is going to be sent out to SRM system, it should have tab 'external source of supply'.

Would you please share some information about the PR which has no such tab?

1, Are you using ESOA or report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER for PR transfer?

2, Please tell me if you can find an entry in table EPRTRANS for this PR

3, Is this PR already transferred to SRM side?

Best regards,

Ivy

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy

Thanks for your interest:

1, Are you using ESOA or report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER for PR transfer? We are using the latter report to transfer.

2, Please tell me if you can find an entry in table EPRTRANS for this PR. It was there but now it's gone. As soon as it transferred to SRM it disappeared from the table I think.

3, Is this PR already transferred to SRM side? Yes it is and fully processed with PO generated and showing back in ECC. I what point does this tab show? When it lands on SRM and generates the SC?

Thanks

Ian

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Tab 'External Sourcing' will be visible after the PR sent to SRM, not before.

You have to implement BAdI ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST to do that.

The BAdI ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST implements the IF_EX_ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST

interface and enables you to send the purchase requisition to an external procurement system.

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , did you activate the switch LOG_MM_P2PSE_2 ?

Hope this help !

Celeste

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

This is the first time I have heard about this switch. I have not activated yet as I have an open tkt with SAP due to me clogging up SMQ1 with an error, so any new PRs transferring across to SRM will just get stuck behind it. Unless you know of a way to allow those waiting to jump ahead of the queue?

Reading up on the technical data documentation it appears mostly surrounding Service procurement. Will this also affect those PR items with no materials just short text,  price, qty and delv date?

We are only after capturing and pushing to SRM all non-direct material PRs.

I also notice BF LOG_MM_P2PSE_1 is required as well as SRM_SERVICE_PROC_1 in SRM. Is all this really necessary just to get the external source of supply tab appearing?

Just being a bit of a scaredy-cat activating all the business functions as we don't want to impact the ECS deployment that we currently haveruning quite well.

Thanks

Ian