Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Version and Instance in Managed Systems

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'd like to ask your help in understanding one point regrading the Product Version and Instance in Managed System Configuraiton in Solution manager (7.1 SP8).

While technical system was created automatically using RZ 70, I had to create manually the  Product System.

First of all, how can I know if I have chosen the right ones?

In this case the system is:

SAP ERP Central Component 5.0

SAP_BASIS 640

Are the product instances and versions right? Could you please share any documentation how to automate this process or how to correctly chose?

I do not know if this is very obvious but the documentation addressing this issue is a little bit confusing in my opinion. And the terminology very "rich".

Thanks for your t ime and effort.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check below demo

Product System Assignment in LMDB of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS10

and

Also below link with all information on LMDB

hope this helps you to understand

Regards

Prakhar

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for the info. The Demo is really useful.

But, there is something I do not understand the cause of. I am not getting any proposal after I create the Product. Why do you think this might be happening?

Regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check below it might help you to understand the concept as well and past the screen for the proposal search which option you are using.... I hope you are getting all the data correctly transferred via SLD - LMDB Sync

Regards

Prakhar

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the links.

According to this link:

Maintenance of Product in the System Landscape - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

For Technical Systems running on a Netweaver version prior 7.02 the product version and product instance information is not provided and need to be added with the Managed System Setup.

In my case, I am not getting any proposal:

The managed system is:

SAP ERP 2004

SAP NetWeaver 2004 (BASIS 6.40)

ECC 5.0

I have added manually:

SAP ERP 2004

SAP WEB AS 6.40 (sap_basis is 6.40)

My question is if there is any way to pass this "No Proposal Possible" step and get the proposal or it's just impossible due to the Server Release (the quotation I put above)?

And another question is as follow: If I am to chose manually shall I chose SAP WEB AS 6.40 or SAP Netweaver 2004.

Thank you very much for your time.

Answers (0)