cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool universe export problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP BO 4.0 and I have problem with the Information Design Tool. I am using IDT version 14.0.7.v20131029-1243.

I am not able to export universe to repository from my machine, though I am able to export the connection object.I have tried it from other machine and it working fine. So I think the server is working fine and no issue in it.When I am clicking on export universe, nothing is happening( no error message). I have also tried to import universe from repository, in this case I got an error message. I have attached the error.

Please help me solve this issue. I am Windows 7 where the client is installed.

Thanks in advance,

Pulak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is a config issue with the name resolution service.The easiest way to resolve this is to update client machines host file with the bocmscluster and its IP address.

Also follow the note below which explains in details another way to fix this issue from server

1819259 - SBOP BI 4.0: Error: "..Unable to find servers in CMS and cluster with kind fileserver and ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgamadhab,

Thanks for your reply.

Import export functionality is working from other workstation and checked there is nothing configured in host file of that workstation.The is only with my workstation. May be something wrong in my client IDT.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Pulak

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease follow the note I mentioned in earlier post.. It explains the resolution from server side as well.. Just try with the mentioned stpes and let me know the results..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How can I open Central Configuration Manager, I have access to Central Management Console. I have tried to get those thing CMC but I didn't find it.

Please help.

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pulak,

CCM is installed on the SAP BO Server, you have to login to that system to access the same.

Also as per the note mentioned by Durgamadhab you can try the 2nd Solution that you can implement on your system only.

Regards,

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Javed mentioned.. adding the entry for IP and cluster has to be done from your client machine..

Just check the note for more clarity also there is another solution from server side which your BO Admin should be able to implement..