cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress alert for soap fault message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI community,

we have PI 7.31, SP07 AEX and there is one sync interface with RFC2SOAP scenario.

When SOAP adapter gets fault message back from external server, we receive alert mail about this message like:

"AdapterType": "UNKNOWN",
"Component": "af.xxxx.xxxx",
"ErrCat": "Application",
"ErrCode": "APPLICATION_ERROR",
"ErrLabel": "-1",
"ErrText": "application fault",
"FromParty": "XXXX",
"FromService": "XXXXX",
"Interface": "XXXXXXXXXX",

Because this is not really an error, and no action is needed from PI perspective, so  I want to suppress this kind of alert mail. My question is, is it possible to suppress it, if yes, how should I configure the corresponding alert object.

Thanks & regards

Dingjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

I removed the inbound sync interface from alert object and put the corresponding ICO object into i. Now it looks that our problem is resolved.

Regards

Dingjun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dingjun

When your web web service is returning fault message , the message is failing in SAP PI and hence the alert message is getting generated.

Now below is the way by which you can get fault message as processed status in SAP PI and no error message will be triggered.

Use the option ‘Do Not Use SOAP Envelope’ and then in the module use the below parameters

XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode

Transform.ContentType

AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean

Use java mapping to populate the soap envelope.

Once you do this the fault message will come as response payload in SAP PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

thanks for your replay.

Actually when a fault message is returned, the message doesn't fail in PI and has delivered status, we have a mapping for fault message in operation mapping.

Regards

Dingjun

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a very simple way is to not define any alert rules for that particular interface flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

thanks for your reply.

We used an ICO obejct for this interface and added the service interface in the alert object. If we don't define any alert rule for this interface, then we will not receive any alert mail, if something goes wrong like mapping error or delivery error on SOAP adapter etc.

We also received other alert mail about this interface with below content:

"AdapterType": "SOAP",

"Component": "af.snp.ins-snp-62",

"ErrCat": "XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_SOAP",

"ErrCode": "SOAP_ADAPTER_PROCESSING_ERROR",

"ErrLabel": "2003",

"ErrText": "java.io.EOFException: Connection closed by remote host.",

So we don't want to suppress all alert mails for this interface, only a kind of alert with error category: Application:

"ErrCat": "Application",

"ErrCode": "APPLICATION_ERROR",

How can we get this?

Regards

Dingjun

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dingjun,

In this case you need to define the alert rule for Integration engine Category "Application" for all the Error codes except "ABAP.APPLICATION_ERROR".

Please define the alerts configuration for all Error Codes execpt "ABAP.APPLICATION_ERROR".

I never tried this so please share your the feedback after your change.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jia -

The below approach may address your issue but requires developing an interface.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/10/23/customize-e-mail-body-and-subject...

Also i see that there is an option to create custom job and not sure whether you can route the alerts based on the error content. May be Amit Srivastava can add.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/11/18/customized-alerts-in-sap-po

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if it's applicable for AEX and ICo's..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

we have an PI AEX, Java only system, so i think your suggestion is not applicable  to our PI system.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Dingjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harresh,

thanks for your links, which are very informative, but for both custom development is involved. It would be nice, if SAP can provide a feature, that user can achieve this using configuration.

Regards

Dingjun