cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM newbie questions....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm new to SAP:  I've not taken Classes or Training yet, and I've been tasked with looking into SAP PLM for a solution for CAD integration.

Is there any locations, on this site or others, that can help me get a quick overview of SAP & SAP PLM?

Any/All help is very welcome!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAD integration is a hot topic in SAP PLM. Usually companies go with third party solutions such as the one from Cideon. You might want to search for existing discussion topics in this space, here is one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Thank you very much for the response.

I've been in contact with Cideon with regards to linking Inventor to SAP PLM.

I was looking for information with regards to setting up SAP PLM for CAD purposes.  A kind of "lessons learned" based recommendations or discussions.  Do you know any locations I could find that type of information?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Lou,

not sure what exactly you are looking for.

There is an overview wiki for PLM here: SAP Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki.

You might also find more information on the Service Marketplace here: https://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000738155

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gerhard

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lou,

we are using PTC Windchill and it is integrated with SAP PLM.

The integration is done with SAP PI and developed by our company as custom development.

We are transferring the following objects from CAD to PLM: material master, assembly headers, assembly items, change numbers, engineering change record, documents.

Usually these integration softwares are custom developed solutions or 3rd party solutions.

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lou ,

Can you tell which one is CAD system and to how much depth you are looking for CAD-I,

As per my knowledge e.g. if its very small like, updating some CAD info from material description or updating some MM master data from CAD attributes then people usually go with some in-house solution but if its on large scale integration then third party vendors (different CAD systems have different vendors) can help.

check out for SAP Visual Enterprise as well.