Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to integrate GRC Access Control data with Process Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Gurus,

New Year Wishes for all of you..!!!

My Client is using  SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 and now we are Migrating it to GRC Access Control 10.0.

And in GRC 10.0 Process Control configuration is done , and they are about to move it production .

I beleive that some data will be shared between AC and PC like

Organizations

Business Processes

Business Subprocesses

Controls

If I migrate the Mitigation Controls from AC 5.3 will it overwrite controls which are already created in PC.???

If YES,

How to migrate  Access Control data in to GRC 10.0 with out impacting the PC data that exists in the system already.

Thanks,

Kote

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koteshwara,

It will not overwrite the PC controls and Master data.

GRC AC migration program will use the organization hierarchy only, it will not impact other PC related master data which is of no use to AC except controls which could be used in AC provided mapping are done.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply on this,

while Migrating AC , if we select the same Org hierarchy which is used for PC, then will it have any impact???

So, now for Migrating AC data with impacting the PC data and Controls, how should we proceed??

Can I Create other Org Unit for AC?

And then there will be no impact on PC controls also right?

Please suggest, thanks in advance...!!!

Thanks,

Kote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kote,

I don't see any impact on PC Master data even if you choose the same organization hierarchy to migrate AC.

Yes if need be you can create another org unit for AC.

If you create another organization for AC then you have to maintain two org unit, one for AC and other for PC which ideally should not be the case.

Since PC master data is not at all shared with AC (except controls) so I don't find any big impact of using same org unit or to create a new org unit.

Since I have not done this practically so can only suggest the above or to open a message to SAP to be sure on the solutions.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)