Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice and information on SRM SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings SRM Gurus!

I am seeking advice concerning SRM-SUS…

I am trying to find information regarding how to get started using SRM-SUS. Along with that, I also need to determine if using SUS is feasible for my company. Here is some background information that I feel may be helpful:

• We are a smaller manufacturing company, and as such, we have a small SAP IT Support department. As of this posting, we have 2 full-time employees and 2 contract employees in the department.

• Budget constraints are most definitely a factor.

• We currently do not have SRM, Portal or XI. We also do not have staff that is trained or proficient in any of these.

• We are on 4.6C, but will be upgrading to ECC 6.0 this year.

• We will soon be in the process of implementing Solution Manager.

• In my previous research and posting, we’ve determined that should we decide to implement SUS, we will be using the MM-SUS-XI scenario. (previous posting: )

What I would like to ask of you good folks is:

1. In your opinion, is SUS feasible for a small company with limited resources?

2. For those of you who have implemented the MM-SUS-XI scenario, how long did it take, and what kind of resources did you have (number of people, skillset, etc).

3. What steps would you suggest we take in order to get started?

4. Any cookbooks, implementation and/or configuration guides would also be helpful.

Many thanks in advance for all of the time and effort put forth in answering my numerous questions.

Cheers!

Cheryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl

That's nice description of what you want. Appreciate.

1) Do you have many goods receipts and invoices everyday ? If so, yes. It reduces your transaction load dramatically and helps you in having better relations with customers. Your suppliers also shd benefit from faster communication. (Experience of some of SUS customers)

2) It normally takes 3-5 months for us here for the pilot (few vendors). SUggest you to start with few (say, 5) vendors on golive date ; See their experience for a month; Then rampup every week. (I have seen customers going live with 20 vendors and ramping up to 900 vendors within 8months-1 Yr)

3) Take an implementation partner who had experience in SUS and involves the consultants who had experience. Decide your pilot lot of suppliers.

4) Solution Manager has very good content and it is good.

Best regards

Ramki