Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import EP_Build to existing track in NWDI

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After moving the local portal component to NWDI track , i was not able to build the same as it was giving me error like  used component not found : sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplicaiton , after searching sdn i came to know that we had to add EP_Build sca as dependency to the track , kindly guide me how to import the same to the Track.

Regards

Govardan Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

- add EP_BUILDT as build time dependency to this product in your SLD's Software Catalog.

- Sync your SC dependencies in CMS webui -- Landscape Config (SCs out of sync --> then use option Accept SLD definition) -- re-save the track.

- go to check-in tab (in cms' Transport Studio) , and check in EP_BUILDT (make sure previously you copied the EP_BUILDT into your CMS inbox),

- on dev and cons tab import EP_BUILDT.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Im really sorry as im new to using CMS webui , please elborate how to get SCs out of sync in LandScape Config and also it will be helpfull if you refer the links where i can learn  the various tabs like Domain Data , Transport Studio  SLD ect in CMS webui,  im using of sap netweaver 7.0.14 version.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

- add EP_BUILDT as build time dependency to this product in your SLD's Software Catalog.

- Sync your SC dependencies in CMS webui -- Landscape Config (SCs out of sync --> then use option Accept SLD definition) -- re-save the track. -- This one  is completed

- go to check-in tab (in cms' Transport Studio) , and check in EP_BUILDT (make sure previously you copied the EP_BUILDT into your CMS inbox), --- here EP_BUILDT is not avaiable it is not getting listed up and also as you suggested i have copied the EP_BUILDT SC to my CMS Inbox in my case the path is

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS*******00EPD, and EP_BUILDT downloaded from sap market place is EPBUILDT12_0-10005900.SCA please suggest further as im stuck as this point

- on dev and cons tab import EP_BUILDT.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

press the button "Update CMS" on the domain data tab of the Landscape Configurator in CMS webui.

After that try again adding the software.

Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as guided i pressed "UPdate CMS" , but im not able to get EP_BuildT in the check in tab of Transport studi...... i clicked refresh button several times but went in vain.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello ,

did you add the EP_BUILDT to the product in SLD ?
You mentioned above that you did, but could you please confirm whether EP_BUILDT is really showing up at: cms -- Landscape Configurator -- Track Data -- make sure you select the track on the left hand side table -- now expand the list of SCs you can see at the bottom of this page (under button "Add SCs...") and let me know whether you can see there EP_BUILDT showing up.

You also said that your transport folder is

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS*******00EPD

Can you confirm you have put the SCA file into

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS*******00EPD/CMS/inbox ?

If this still does not help, then pay attention to the note:

1259604 CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox visible

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I had copy pasted EP_BUILDT at my CMS inbox path , but  i didnt not add this sc to the track , thanks for helping out.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ervin,

Now im stuck at this point im really sorry to drag this post , still i need your valuable help .

on importing EP_BUILDT in developmet tab im getting error as

20140106164725 Info   :Starting Step Repository-import at 2014-01-06 16:47:25.0106 +5:00

20140106164725 Info   :Component:sap.com/EP_BUILDT

20140106164725 Info   :Version  :SAP AG.20120711205800

20140106164725 Info   :1. propagation request is of type TCSSoftwareComponent

20140106164725 Fatal  :import failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive

20140106164725 Info   :Step Repository-import ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2014-01-06 16:47:25.0107 +5:00

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is gonna be easy.

There are 3 type of SCs.

SOURCEARCHIVES -- these are having sourcefiles inside and so they are modifiable by customers

BUILDARCHIVES -- these are required to build software. Pretty much like "libraries".

DEPLOYARCHIVES -- these can be deployed as they are having deployable part.

Now an SC can have these types in certain variations. If you extract say EP_BUILDT, you will see what folders are inside from the 3 I mentioned above.

I am sure it has BUILDARCHIVES and it does not have SOURCEARCHIVES.

Meaning if you import this SC, DTR checks what was specified for this SC. Since most likely you marked this SC as Developed (you can check this on the Track data tab in cms, in the table at the bottom where your SCs are listed) DTR expects that this SC has sources, but it hasn't got any.

Therefore at DTR import your NWDI reports this error:

20140106164725 Fatal  :import failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive

What you can do is that you go back to CMS-- Landscap config -- select your track on the left -- go to the Track data tab, and unmark EP_BUILDT as developed, so it is not a developed sc and so dtr won't expect to look for its sourcefiles.

Re-save the track and import again, and this error won't come again.

Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot finally the problem got solved and im able to import them both in development and quality .

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am glad to hear it. 😉

Answers (0)