cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA called in SAP EP thru SAP WEB DISPATCHER

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello guys,

I need your help to understand how to use sap webdispatcher connected to a SAP EP that calls a SAP WEB DYNPRO developed in SAP ERP.

The problem I'm facing is that once I'm over the internet and call the webpage of webdispatcher it let me go inside the SAP EP but the SAP WDA is not resolved due to the matter it calls the link of the WAS ABAP that is not published over the net.

I was trying to apply this solution as per this link

One Web Dispatcher, Two Systems: Configuration Example - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

but the WDA inside the portal does not still appear.

Do I have to change something inside the SAP EP to reflect the call to SAP webdispatcher and the port defined for SAP ERP?

Any hint?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by myself changing the value

hostname ITS and hostname ICM to the public webpage of webdispatcher and its port directly in SAP EP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno Astorino, how are you?

Could you give me more details about your solution? I'm facing the same problem and I do not know how fix it.

Can you help me?

Best regards,

Bruno Soprani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

the solution was using the same webdispather to publish over the internet the enterprise portal and the erp system.

The same webdispather is able to do this.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/b0/ebfa88e9164d26bdf1d21a7ef6fc25/content.htm

The other point is to set what you expose in interner inside the definition of the ERP system into the portal under

SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION --> SYSTEM CONFIGURATION.

An example

Your ERP in LAN is

pluto.local.lan port 8000

in internet is

myerponinternet.mycompany.com 4539

Set then for:

hostname myerponinternet.mycompany.com 

ITS port 4539

in the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruno,

Thank you very much, I gonna try it!

Best Regards,

Bruno

akash_ahuja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same which you faced my portal url is workig perfectly but when i am click on WDA it's nothing to display, please suggest how you resolved the same and where to put the ITS and ICM entry in web dispatcher.

Regards:

Akash Ahuja

akash_ahuja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configure multiple system on Web dispatcher EP and ERP.

My issue is our company do not want to publish EP and ERP over the internet but by the web dispatcher uses as a reverse proxy i want to publish the web dispatcher only now my EP called successfully over the internet but WDA application is not working cause it's redirects the directly to ERP so error occur's page not found.is there any way-out to call internally the ERP system.

Regards:

Akash Ahuja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akash,

I'm sorry but I did not find a solution for this. I was only able and forced to publish both otherwise my scenerio was not working.

If you do not want to publish it maybe your network team can help you performing a routing that capture request and redirect.

Maybe the table HTTPURLLOC could be used for that but personally I have never tried.

Answers (0)