cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a table in HANA which is replicated in SLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We ran into a problem in replicating a table in HANA through SLT and are unable to fix it. Therefore we want to remove all occurences of that table from SLT and HANA, so we can start from scratch again but unfortunately we are unable to do so. We're using SLT version DIMS 2011_1_731 with two source systems, which replicate data into one schema into HANA SPS06.

I've removed the table in HANA first, and it no longer appears in the list of tables in the system, nor in any of the RS_* tables, in all schemas. This seems good, but when we want to start re-replicating the table in Data Provisioning, the table doesn't show up in the list of available tables, indicating it somehow is already created in HANA. In SLT, IUUC_REPL_CONTENT when I click on "add tables from the taget system", I also does shows me that table again as if it really is still present in HANA.

As a last resort I tried inserting a record in RS_ORDER which tells the system to remove the table, but it didn't got picked up by a job and the row just sat there. (also replacing the 'D' by '' didn't work either):

insert into "ECCU39"."RS_ORDER" VALUES('U39','sap0215_U39_00','BKPF',0,'C','','D','')

How can we repair this situation and remove the table so we can start over again? The table BKPF is somehow gone, but also cannot be created anymore.

Thanks for the help,

Bastiaan Lascaris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastiaan,

Sometimes it will take much time to find out the problem and to fix it. If you are doing this for the first time and the project is recently started means not yet deployed in Test and Prod then it would be better to re-do the process instead of repairing it.

Process is:

1. Delete the configuration schema user. Doing this will delete all SLT objects in HANA.

2. Delete the configuration in SLT through LTR/LTRC.

3. Create the new configuration in SLT.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Unfortunately it's not possible, to restore SLT or reconfigure schema's. The system has be kept running.

Could it be that dropping tables in HANA is not allowed, but it should be done in another way (if at all possible)?

Regards,

Bastiaan

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastiaan,

In INSERT statement, first make sure that the values  'U39','sap0215_U39_00' are correct.

You can confirm by quering from SYS_REPL.RS_REPLICATION_COMPONENTS.

Then try this:

INSERT into "ECCU39"."RS_ORDER" VALUES('U39','sap0215_U39_00','BKPF',0,'R','','','');

It will replicate the table BKPF. In case if you have the problem I would like to see your screenshot of SYS_REPL.RS_REPLICATION_COMPONENTS.

Also please note that at any point of time there should only be 1 entry in RS_ORDER for any single table else you will get error.

Regards

Raj

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastiaan, in these cases I have found that the connection between SLT and HANA seems to become broken or "frozen". Since you can't see the table in HANA, it is likely in an inconsistent state in SLT.

From here on out, I would work directly in SLT to resolve this as opposed to the HANA data provisioning functions.

- Open SLT tcode LTRC

- STOP the replication of the desired table

Then START the replication of the desired table.

If the replication doesn't start still, use the Expert function shown here and attempt the above steps once more.

Do you have any IUUC_REPL_CONTENT configurations on this table or is it a straight replication? If  so, check the application logs tab of LTRC to look for any related errors.

Regards,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tips!

I've been away for a few days, but now it seems as if the problems with BKPF have been resolved. No problems are reported in LTRC/Application Logs.

It's like my actions had the desired effect, but with a delay. What I tried with BKPF is removing it everywhere, wherever possible.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastiaan,

You may want to have look on "Consistency check and Clean-up functions" in the below link:

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!