Did you mean: 

customer credit note

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In Sales order , the item have 10 qty

2.po created for 10 qty

3.migo and miro done for 10 qty

4.billed to client through vf01 10 qty

5.but after billing we came to know through client the qty is 8, and they are asking for credit note for the extra billed  2 qty

please let me know how to make credit note in system for above condition 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As rightly said, you can create a credit note using Standard document type CR with reference to Billing

In the credit memo request enter quantity 2 and Price will be determined for 2 quantity

credit Memo is to be created with reference to Credit Memo request

If client is stating only 8 quantities receipt, check for remaining two quantities from Purchasing perspective. If MIGO is done fr 10 and Billing for 8, remaining two quantities you have to scrap to adjust inventory account

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have entered  credit note through  VF01  and billing type is "credit memo" and in document i have entered the billing document number and then selection list and enter 2 qty and saved but i am getting message"No billing documents were generated. See log"

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There can be copy control issue. See log means you have to go to Edit > Log and there system will show you what is actual issue. Or press Shift+F1 when you get this message.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is different in this scenario? Why don't you create normal credit note with document type CR or invoice correction request with document type RK?

For customer you have to create credit note w.r.t to customer invoice and for vendor who supplied low quantity you will raise a debit note.

Thank$