Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Correction with Transport of Copies to PRD by skipping PPD

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have the below landscape. The regular support will take place from maintenance track.

New project will be developed in project track and join the maintenance in PPD.

When the project testing is in progress in Maintenance PPD it is difficult to make any urgent corrections as there is a chance that the testing may get affected by the new changes and this may lead to delay in go-live.

hence it is decided to skip maintenance PPD. This means during the project testing in Maintenance PPD all urgent changes will be done in maintenance track. DEV-> QAS-> PRD (PPD is by passed).

I was informed that, In ChaRM this can be realized by sending Transport of Copies to production. And later when we move the actual transport it will cover the entire flow (DEV-> QAS-> PPD -> PRD)

I check several blogs but no solution.

Can anyone help me on this?

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the update. To be honest my client approached SAP for Change management process and this is suggested by SAP as one of the solution. So I thought that there are some Standards which support this which I am not aware of.

Hence thought of taking the help of experts from SCN.

Based on the above feed back i thought of redesigning the landscape which will be as below:

both QAS and PPD will be connected to DEV as quality boxes (target) and i can get ToC to PPD as well and later i will move the original TR. this meets my clients requirements of moving the original TR only after successful test in PPD.

But now when i take an urgent change as it takes the shortest route it will be moved via. DEV-QAS - PRD (if my understanding is correct) in this case how to get PPD in sync with TR's of UC ?

I have seen note 1531565 - Four System Landscape in Change Request Management which says

If you are using urgent correction (transaction type SDHF), the import to PRE system will be performed automatically, when you set its status to "Successfully Tested".

My understanding of SAP landscape design is DEV - QAS - PPD - PRD

and my design is DEV - QAS - PRD

PPD

will this note be applicable in my above design ? if not how to sync PPD with urgent correction TR's ?

Regards,

Praveen

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agree with Prakhar, Karthik and Jansi.

Do not play with ToC's and Urgent Corrections, DO NOT EVER BYPASS TEST SYSTEMS.

Or be ready for a dozens of new Urgent Corrections because of errors, and also be aware about downgrade issues if you bypass any systems in transport route.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When the project testing is in progress in Maintenance PPD it is difficult to make any urgent corrections as there is a chance that the testing may get affected by the new changes and this may lead to delay in go-live.hence it is decided to skip maintenance PPD. 

No, this is not the case, before go-live, you must test all the use cases of your requirement, It is not good practice to skip during testing phase too.

This means during the project testing in Maintenance PPD all urgent changes will be done in maintenance track. DEV-> QAS-> PRD (PPD is by passed).

are not clear with your requirement,

Urgent corrections can be tested in any charm phases except golive. so you can test the urgent correction perfectly in Maintenace track with 4 system landscape. Toc was nt created for urgent correction, because of its sense of urgency, you can review the urgent correction workflow Workflow for Urgent Corrections - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Make sure all worked fine before you move to project golive

I was informed that, In ChaRM this can be realized by sending Transport of Copies toproduction. And later when we move the actual transport it will cover the entire flow (DEV-> QAS-> PPD -> PRD)

It is always not to follow just the information, until its documented by SAP either in help.sap/notes/blogs/SMP.

Actually Toc only released to Q system, Please refer Creating Transports of Copies - SAP Documentation

your above understanding was wrong.

I check several blogs but no solution.

Can anyone help me on this?

There are various blogs with the detail are already available, even SAP also refer the SCN blogs in sap notes. Check out all the blogs by in Charm , his blogs are assets for us.

Best regards

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Please below demo for Urgent and normal change

Normal change -https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478072011E/index.htm

Urgent - change - https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478212011E/index.htm

Preliminary import of normal change - https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000611392012E/index.htm

As mentioned by Prakhar, TOC is not available in urgent change .

Please check the demo for more details.

Even if u normal change, it generate the TOC for QAS system , once test and successful it will release the original TR to QAS .

Rg,

Karthik

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

ChaRM Transport of Copies which are generated with Normal Corrections can't go till Production.

ToC will never goto production

Creating Transports of Copies - SAP Documentation

Solution for your problem is somwhere else check below guide from SAP

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100009359122013E/

let us know if you still have doubts

Regards

Prakhar