Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anybody please explain me "Purchase Order Cycle"

eg: 3rd party such as (SEEBURGER) sends Purchase order to ECC through XI,

Can anybody give me some real time scenarios in this case ( Like sending back invoices, shipment Notice etc)

Is there any other Business scenarios with involving other adapters like RFC in "Purchase Order Cycle" ?

Regards,

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a typical "Purchase Order Cycle" consists of the following steps:

Customer View:

• Creation of the PO by the Purchaser in ECC
  • Submitting the PO to the Supplier, using
    • MiddlewareI-Tool (e.g. SAP PI with Seeburger-Adapter) to translate the IDoc to an EDI-format that can be understood by the partner

• Once the Supplier ships the Goods, he will most likely also send the following EDI-messages back
    • Shipment/Deliverynote which is translated to the IDoc-Format and posted to SAP ECC
    • Invoice which is also translated to the IDoc-Format and posted to SAP ECC

• In ECC it is verified if the Shipment fits the Order and also if the Invoice-Amount is correct. Then the PO will be closed (Cycle is finished).

Supplier View:

• Receiving the PO by the Purchaser via EDI-Middleware and forwarding the data in IDoc-Format to ECC
  • Once the Goods are Shipped, a Shipment/Delivery IDoc is created in ECC, forwarded to the MiddlewareTool and sent out to the customer.
  • Afterwards also an Invoice is created in the Suppliers ECC-System. forwarded to the Middleware-Tool and sent out to the customer.

Hope this helps...of course there can be additional messages exchanged (e.g Order Response / Order Change)  if the Supplier is requested to confirm that he can provide the Goods as expected...

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (0)