cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict safety stock reservation for sales order in MB1B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning friends,

Our client has make to order process where once sales order is saved user has to reserve stock for sales order through MB1B 412 E movement type but client maintain safety stock in material master and user Is able to reserve safety stock for sales order but client does not want user to reserve safety stock for sales order, Please give your valuable inputs and surely will be rewarded.

Regards,

Sameer.

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont add such text henceforth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a Make To Order scenario, I dont understand why you want to reserve the stock again when it is already blocked.  Reservation of stock against a sale order will happen in Make To Stock scenario.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

thank you for your reply let me explain we have mix MRP planning material where we maintain min max quantity in material mrp type ( min max) and also we have maintained MRP strategy group in material master for make to order. once we save sales order we have set background job for MB1B and MD04. MB1B will reserve stock for sales order and if there is any shortage MD04 will generate PR for shortage. but it is also reserving stock from safety that I want to restrict. please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help??

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Against your availability check in Material Master, check the stocks in OVZ9 configuration

I believe safety stock is considered in OVZ9 for your availability check

uncheck Include safety stock and try

regards,

santosh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

Did you put some efforts and searched in Google or SCN? If no then please do it and you will get a lot of information and if you did and tried then explain what you have checked and what you have tried and got?

Just see the below link for your reference.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3373772

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. Dear Let me tell u complete scenario first sales order will be created so no stock will reserve in sales order. no question of uncheck in availability and then user manually reserve stock through MB1N 412 E there he is able to reserve stock from safety as well. this is my issue. I tried above ovz9. 
Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you I will try and let you know

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is t code for only MB21 AND MB22 I need it for MB1B and I am unable to add it please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this with t code OMCP but I am still able to reserve safety stock in MB1B T Cocde

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

At first you have to check what is the stock in Plant without considering safety stock

for example, if your Plant stock without safety stock is 100 and safety stock is 50. Now you posted 412E for 125, system will consider safety stock of 25+100 (plant stock without considering safety stock)

Now in the above scenario, if you dont want system to consider safety stock, for combination of your Availability check and Checking Rule, just uncheck SAFETY STOCK and try

If sufficient stock is not available system will throw error, if not material document for 412E is posted

check and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I did it but still I am able to reserve stock from safety I have 50 in safety and 150 in unrestricted and in MMBE it is showing 200 in unrestricted I know safety stock is nothing but unrestricted stock so It will show in stock overview and our sales order stock is 200 and I am able to reserve stock of 200 I have unchecked in OVZ9 in with combination of 02 and AE in sales order and also in dynamic availability check 02 and 03 in MB1B t code but still I am able to reserve 200 stock.