cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event handler priority in EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having the below  issues for set of  EH for the same BPT.

Scenario:

Say   EH1, EH2,EH3  belong to same BPT  . As I understand there is one-one mapping between AOT & EHT and one-many mapping between BPT & AOT.

All these EH  are configured to receive epics events ( object/aggregation etc..) & having same priority say 10.

Now when an epcis msg is sent to EH1 , some times it executes EH2, EH3.  All these EH are associated with their own EH extension tables.

To trigger the specific EH , we have put a check in pre-post processing BADI  (  if a EH specific extn parameter is passed , then set the corresponding BPT & AOT) but  the EH triggering is  not consistent. so we have to set priority high say 5 for EH1 in order to test EH1 only.

so is there any other means to trigger  specific EH when EH specific epcis msg is submitted. The issue here is if i sent EH extension parameters for EH1, it executes EH2 and ruleset of EH2  tries to update extension table of EH2 which fails.

Regards

Tusar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

when an EH is posted with specific BPT then the following happens. The EH Type with the highest priority (that is the lowest number!) is checked first. The EH Type condition is evaluated, if this EH Type is the correct one. If result is TRUE, this EH Type is taken, if it is FALSE the next EH Type according to the priority for this BPT is checked. This is done until a condition could be evaluated to TRUE or no EH Type for the BPT is left. A typical check in the EH Type condition is to check for the right AO Type, but there could also be additional checks, so that more than one EH Type can be used for an AO Type. Then you can determine with the priorities and the EH Type conditions which EH Type is taken.

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel..

so basically you want  to  create an additional  custom condition which will check EHT & assign the condition to EHT. we are already  setting the BPT & AOT in OER Pre-post epcis msg processing BADI--> Function Set AOT & BPT  based on the extension parameter passed in the event msg.

i.e  For EH1

If  zrkt01_man_date

SEt BPT ="x'

AOT ='y"

FOR EH2

If  zrkt02_man_date

SEt BPT ="x'

AOT ='z"

Let me know if you want  AOT check again to be done in the  EHT  custom condition. For now no conditions used for the EHTs.

Regards

Tusar

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, since you  have two AOT for one BPT, you have to use the EH Type condition to determine the right event handler type. You should create two eh type condition functions to check for the AOT and assign them to the corresponding event handler types.

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , Daniel

Using  eh type conditions resolved the issue.

Regards

Tusar

Answers (0)