Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message storage in PI 7.3 Single Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SAP PI 7.3 JAVA Only stack.

We had a requirement to find no of messages statistics in a day .

I know we can do this in previous versions when ABAP stack is available. We can write a report to read from SXMSPMAST

How to achieve this in single stack scenarios.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan - Below wiki should be helpful. You can refer to

SQL 3: How many messages are in the AF Messages table for any single day.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/PI+Adapter+Engine+Troubleshooting+SQL+Statements

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

In the table BC_MSG, only asynchronously processed messages are persisted - thus, selection of entries from this table will not include synchronously processed messages. Synchronously processed messages are kept in in-memory area of the Message Store and are not persisted in database tables by default (if logging/staging options are not enabled for the scenario).

If  the requirement is to collect statistics on all processed messages, please have a look at Performance Monitor of PIMON that would provide you aggregated details on processed messages within given time interval and with the given aggregation interval.

Regards,

Vadim

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you could find all messages in BC_MSG table,refer help doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You can get this in two ways

1.RWB-->performance monitering

there you will get number of messages processed per day/week/month/year and also you will get pther details like Size (Bytes), Processing Time [s], Rate [msg./h] etc

2)Mesage Monitoring  NWA-->Adapter Engine-->Message Monitoring(Select the time range)

hope this answers your question

Regards,

Mastan

Message was edited by: mastan vali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this we can see these details in monitoring pages. but this requires manual activity.

I wanted to run a batch job for report or something which can send all these details on daily basis.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

The messages in adapter engine are stored in table XI_AF_MSG. So you need write an program which will fetch the data from this table.

Please check the link below for reference