Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Substitution Issue

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have been working on one of the Location Substitution scenarios. AI had Set up all the required configs like CIF models, RBATP settings in APO and ECC.

So here is the situation:

I have two plants A and B and a material Z. Both the plants have a stocks in a way that if plant A dont have the sufficient stock then go to plant B and fulfil the order. (For eg Plant A have stock of 100 and plant B have 50)

Created a rule in APO with the above two location (Substitution type as 0 ) Location A and then B

Created a SO with the material Z for 150 qty. It successfully hit the rule as per the setup and its giving 100 qty from A and 50 from B.

Now here is the issue

When I have accept the proposal in the SO the line item still shows the plant A for both the qty (ie for 100 and 50)

When I check in RRP3 view the order with both the qty is getting reflected in Plant A for material Z and not in plant B view.

As I understand two things should have happened:

In the order, the item which has been substituted with plant B should be reflected with 50qty and not with plant A

Secondly in RRP3 view (material Z and plant B),the demand should get captured in plant B and not in Plant A

I hope the above scenario is not confusing and its clear enough for somebody to help me out.

Thanks in advance

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

What was the total confirmed in the schedule line of line item 10 in your sales document ? Was it 150 ? If it was 150 pieces it is very strange that you see the confirmation on the product "A" instead of product "B". May be was there any rounding that had been setup in the system for product "B" which resulted in this scenario ?

Are you on SCM 7.0 EHP2 and by any chance did you click on "Merge Sub items" option in the check instructions that is leading to such a behavior ?

Alternatively, I suggest you to simulate the same behavior in APO using /SAPAPO/AC04 transaction code and see if you are getting same results as seen in ECC. If you're getting correct results ( I mean substitution from both A and B ) the problem could be somewhere in ECC (something to do with the item category configuration probably..But, I am not sure.. )

May be you could try in this direction and see if the problem is indeed not in APO, rather in ECC.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the response.

Actually its not the issue of product substitution but of the location. Product remains the same  ie material Z in my case. Issue is with the location substitution. Location is not getting substituted from Plant A to plant B.The stock is in plant B and not in A. When the order is created, it hits the correct rule but the plant in the VA02 remains the same ie plant A.

As far as the CSL is concerned, the qty are confirmed as per the stock. For eg

Order qty -100

Stock in plant A-0

Stock in plant B --100

CSL-100

I am not sure if I am missing any config change or anything in material master.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards

Karan

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

Sorry. I overlooked at your initial query

Now, I understood the scenario. By any chance did you setup an activity in the location substitution rule that triggers an STR from location 2 to location 1 ? Or may be system is doing it internally if you have used existing location substitution procedure ( the one not created by you ). Can you check in the product view if there is any Stock transport requisition proposed by the system between location 1 and location 2. This could be one of the possibilities for this erroneous behavior.

Apart from that, could you also pass on the screenshot of location substitution procedure ? and the rule control please ? May be an incorrect setup was done there ? Also, one last question, when you did the ATP check from the sales document, I hope you had ensured that the correct rule is being picked up by checking the "rule" button in the delivery proposal screen.

Please get back to us with more information on the way the rule setup was done to help you.

Babu Kilari

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

There is no STR being created for from either of the locations. I also checked other rules and they are not creating any issue I guess. I have tried getting the screenshots but I have to doctor them up due the sensitivity. The screenshots are looking a little ugly and I apologies for the same but hope it will give you some idea of the setup.

Thanks

Karan

Message was edited by: Karan Kapoor

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Please also send screenshot of Location substitution activity and check instruction as well.

Also try doing below activity to find out where exactly the issue is.

1) Run rule evaluation in Rule maintenance, and check if rule is working there.

2) Check ATP simulation in APO T-Code /n/SAPAPO/ac04 to check if your rule is getting evaluated in APO.

Check and let me know for your findings.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sourabh,

Crosschecked your points. Rule Evaluation seems to be working fine and so is the simulation.

Let me know if you need more info to troubleshoot this.

Karan

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

As it is very common cause of not finding any condition record is an incorrect data format in the rule determination. Let us say if a Customer is used as a Characteristic then leading zeroes have to be considered if any etc. Please make sure Characteristic values from Sales Order has corresponding rule defined and found in Rule Determination (/SAPCND/AO13). Please verify the data format etc.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

Could you please post the screen shot of the location determination activity "A" that you have created there ?  By any chance you entered means of transport which is causing the problem ? May be you should check that once. Apart from that, in the rule control, I am not sure if you need to click on "2nd Access" Check box. Try to remove it and re-create a new sales document and see the behavior.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,Sathish, Sourabh et all.

Thanks a ton for all your suggestions and expertise. I just resolved the issue. Its funny but the issue was in the ECC. The plant setup was not done correctly and hence it was not getting flipped in the SO.

Did the entire setup in the enterprise structure and it started working fine.

Really appreciate all your help.

Regards

Karan

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Karan,

Great,  I am glad that your issue is resolved. Location Substitution started working fine.

May I request you to mark the question as "Answered" as necessary.

Thank you
Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)