cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Error: error: Unexpected end of file after null (ADM-10008)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the below error while testing the existing connection in CMC (looks like connection is working).

Connection Error: error: Unexpected end of file after null (ADM-10008)

Please suggest me a solution. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

same error here while testing the connection in CMC->Information Steward:

Connection Error: Communication error with the service, caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]

com.sap.icc.applicationservice.ServiceActionException: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]

System is on one client:

- Information Platform Services 4.1 SP4

- Data Services 4.2 SP2

- Information Steward 4.2 SP2.

This happened after upgrading from IPS 4.0 SP2 Patch 12, DS 4.1 and IS 4.1 (forgot which ServicePack it was, but it worked fine).

I really would appreciate some advice.

Best regards

Daniel

edwin_wisanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, we are having the same error here as well, trying to test a connection to an Oracle DB which is up and running..

Premature end of file (COR-10245).

Anyone found a solution?

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the note: 2003631 , related to Introscope agent.In other words speaking - it' s a bug and you need to apply the patch 4.1 Sp2 patch 5 or 4.1 Sp4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 2003631 did not solve my problem. I already have IPS 4.1 SP4 (Version 14.1.4.1327) installed and the same error occurs while testing the connection to SAP system. But if you are sure that it should work, it does even if you get this error.

I've tried to add a table (KNA1) in the InfoSteward Cockpit and it worked fine. Next problem here: If I try to view the data or profile the created view, I get this error:

Data Services execution failed for CUSTOMER1 VIEW. Error :

(14.2) 08-20-14 14:14:33 (R) (4736:6624) R3C-151001: |Data flow vviewdf_673_75ee878a_f410_4138_bb8d_ccab897f029c|Reader EID_2_IS_VIEW_RDR_646_11|Transform EID_2_IS_VIEW_RDR_646_11__Driver Error calling RFC function to get table data: <RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE-(Exception_Key: READ_REPORT_LINE_TOO_LONG)- The ABAP program lines are wider than the internal table.>.(14.2) 08-20-14 14:14:33 (E) (4736:6624) R3C-151001: |Data flow vviewdf_673_75ee878a_f410_4138_bb8d_ccab897f029c|Reader EID_2_IS_VIEW_RDR_646_11|Transform EID_2_IS_VIEW_RDR_646_11__Driver Error calling RFC function to get table data: <*****>. This message contains some internal system details which have been hidden for security. If you need to see the full contents of the original message, ask your administrator to assign additional privileges to your account. (COR-10690)

My next step here is to check Note 1916294.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

are you able to view the data from the kna1 from the table without using a view?

If so the error might be caused due to differences in your metadata e.g. your view only supports the standard table kna1 but it has some extra columns. At least this issue appeared when I tried to Install an RDS. As further Information you could also check what the run-time error in the st22 looks like.

Regards

Eduard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Especially when we upgrade the application we are getting more issues, this i observed so many times and no root cause for this. If we go with fresh installation, the whole environment is working fine. I recommend, if your developments are less, better take back of all content, uninstall old version then install new version freshly.

Before that, check all the EIM APS services in CMC are enabled and running.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

yes I am able to view data from KNA1 only. Same for table KNVP. Only the view doesn't work.

ST22 told me:

The ABAP program lines are wider than the internal table.

The internal table "\FUNCTION=/BODS/JOB_RUN\DATA=PROGRAM[]" is 72 characters

wide. The program line is

75 characters wide.

Program to be read...........: "/BODS/RPT_STREAM_READ_TABLE".

Internal name of int. tab....: "\FUNCTION=/BODS/JOB_RUN\DATA=PROGRAM[]".

Width of program line........: 75.

Width of internal table......: 72.

How to correct the error

Probably the only way to eliminate the error is to correct the program.

I think the best solution here would be to have a new version of /BODS/RPT_STREAM_READ_TABLE and /BODS/JOB_RUN function modules.

Ramakrishna, I would prefer not to do a fresh installation or would only prefer as the last option.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

so as expected, the table in your metadata and the table from your connection does not look equal.

If you check your metadata your table should show 72 columns whereas the table in your ecc provides 3 more. So important is, that the metadata gets updated. The only solution I found for this issue was to re-import the system databases that updates the metadata.

Hope this will help.

Eduard