cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Netweaver 7.4 SR1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm doing a upgrade from Netweaver 7.3 to 7.4 SR1.

The phase ACT_UPG stop because the job RDDMASGL fails with the short dump: CREATE_DATA_UKNOWN_TYPE.

The short text of the dump is:

CREATE DATA: The specified type ("\CLASS=CL_QLAST_ASSOCIATIONS") is not a valid data type.

Could any expert help me?

Best regards,

Xavier Garcia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Our basis resource had opened a customer message with SAP's support and they came back after a couple of days. It appears the issue was due to an incorrectly generated stack.xml file, which pointed to the 7.40 SR0 DVDs, instead of the SR1 ones.

You should start from scratch again and make sure that your generated stack.xml file points to the SR1 DVDs. Doing so has helped us going beyond the point where we were getting that issue, so it looks like this has resolved the issue for us.

Moreover, please be aware that any BW 7.40 SP below SP5 is NOT supported by SAP for an EDW usage, so I would not recommend to upgrade to SP4.

Hope it helps...

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

Probably my problema was the same, but I have already do the upgrade with SP4. I'd like now install the SP5, but I'm following another discussion where mention problems with this too.

Thanks.

Xavier Garcia

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is addressed by SAP KBA 1962880. Turns out your choice not to implement SP5 was the correct one, the other option would have been to regenerate the stack XML to include SP5.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

pls refer below links,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3417748

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3478264

Regards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khaja,

The first link isn't my case. I use the NW for BI use.

The second link I was already see. In fact I have a reply in it.

Thanks anyway Khaja.

I think I'll restart the upgrade with SP4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For what it's worth, parallel imports have sometimes given me headaches such as deletions not happening at all or happening too late/early, etc. It's just an example but see SAP note 1810107. I remember even one instance where the upgrade export was incorrect so whatever you tried to do, the activation would always fail. Always be sure to use the latest R3trans. You could also specify synchronous import, it will take longer but you might avoid the problem. If the problem is indeed with SP5, I would expect to find SAP notes about it. Have you involved SAP support?

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We started upgrading our BW NW 7.3 SP8 environment to 7.4 SP5 and we're experiencing the exact same issue.

Which SP are you upgrading from and to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastien,

I'm installing from 7.3 SP 5 and to 7.4 SP 5, too.

I'm thinking to install SP 4 if anyone known the solution.

Thanks.

Xavier Garcia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you do, did you by any chance select Memory-Optimized Activation in the upgrade parameters? It is not supported for target release 7.4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

No, I didn't. I'm installing with all the standard selecctions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have realized that the CLASS CL_QLAST_ASSOCIATIONS not exist in the shadow system, but is mentioned in the package interface SDDIC_VIEW_PARSER_ACCESS from package SDDIC_VIEWPARSER in "Visible Elements", holding to the tag "Deleted Development Objects (package interface will be cleaned up upon save)".

Anything know the way to restore this CLASS in this state? I suppose that restoring I will continue with the upgrade.

Thank you.

Xavier Garcia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your actual error hint is

1AETR012XProgram canceled (job "RDDMASGL", number "16522200")
1AEPU320 See job log"RDDMASGL""16522200""DBW"

My view your st22 dump  CREATE_DATA_UKNOWN_TYPE is your actual error.

check more information about the abap dump in work process traces and also you can view the relevant notes too.

Please try again and check will that moves properly and Ashutosh suggestion also would go.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

I think the same. The error is in the dump.

But I have revised all the dump and my last conclusion is that this class effectively not exist in this level of support package.

In the workprocess log file don't appear any error.

I attach the dump file.

Thank you for your help.

Xavier Garcia

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Xavier

The one SAP note I could find is this

1158660 - Termination in upgrade/EHP update: CREATE_DATA_UNKNOWN_TYPE

Unfortunately it is not valid for your release.

I suggest raising an OSS message.

Good Luck

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Reagan,

I was already see this note and, as you are mentioned, is not for my reléase.

Thank anyway.

Xavier Garcia

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

1. Run the transaction SE11

2. Select Datatype and enter  "\CLASS=CL_QLAST_ASSOCIATIONS"

Checked whether the datatype  exist or not.

if it is not existing , then i think you need to raise a message with SAP to have the details of this data type.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you provide the activation log from the <Upgrade_Directory>/abap/log directory ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagen,

The activation log only report the error in the job RDDMASGL as you can see in the attached file.

Thank you for help me.

Best regards,

Xavier Garcia

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Xavier

DDIC ACTIVATION ERRORS and RETURN CODE in SAPAW74005.DBW

You can see these lines in the log you have provided.

Check the files starting with SAPA*

Eg: SAPAW74005.DBW

Regards

RB

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

As RB mentioned search for file SAPAW74005.DBW and which table activation is failed.

Further, check this sap note - 1805195 - Handling and troubleshooting of tablespaces during Upgrades, EhPs and SPs updates

Goto section 7 and try the solution suggested.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this log appears the same errors that the log of file ACTUPG.ELG. I have seen the others SAPA....DBW logs and all said the same.

I have attached the log SAPAW74005.DBW.

I thing the error is in the dump.

Thanks,

Xavier Garcia