SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Promotion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a promotion for the first time and would like to know which steps are mandatory? And after saving the promotion, how can I use it for my stores?

I am a bit confused by so many tap pages in the promotion

Thanks a lot in advance

Marsha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joseph_demoya1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marsha,

You are asking for quite a bit of details, I would suggest reviewing the help.sap.com details concerning IS-Retail Promotion.

Step 1) select your articles to create a promotion

Step 2) Create your Promotion via transaction WAK1

Step 3) Save Promotion

Step 4) Execute transaction WAK2 and assign articles to the promotions and/or Bonus Buys

Step 5) Save Promotion

Step 6) Activate Promotion using transaction WAK16

Step 7) Generate Outbound message using transaction WPMA for Discounts, Bonus Buys etc.

Step 😎 Generate Outbound message using Assortment lists using transaction WBDM_HPR

At a High Level once you create a promotions within transaction WAK1 this will set the stage for you to will activate a number of condition types available at the Merchandise category level, item level etc. one of the primary condition types for a single article numbers is VKA0. You will need to review the IMG under Logistic - General -> Retail Promotion for the conditions types that you would like to activate. After the promotion has been setup the way that you would need you can activate the promotion via WAK16. This will make the condition types valid for the date ranges specified in the promotion.

You will need to send the condition types to the register which can be done via a few methods using transaction WPMA, WPMU, or the via the standard message for assortment lists using transaction WBDM_HPR some configuration/development will berequired to send the condition type VKA0 to the register

Additionally you may look into creating Bonus Buys within a promotion and sending these details to the Register via transction WPMA.

I am sorry for the high level description the trouble is there is quite abit of configuration require as well as client specific situations that will dictate the method of transmitting the conditions to the register.

Thank you,

Joseph

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

joseph_demoya1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marsha,

You are asking for quite a bit of details, I would suggest reviewing the help.sap.com details concerning IS-Retail Promotion.

Step 1) select your articles to create a promotion

Step 2) Create your Promotion via transaction WAK1

Step 3) Save Promotion

Step 4) Execute transaction WAK2 and assign articles to the promotions and/or Bonus Buys

Step 5) Save Promotion

Step 6) Activate Promotion using transaction WAK16

Step 7) Generate Outbound message using transaction WPMA for Discounts, Bonus Buys etc.

Step 😎 Generate Outbound message using Assortment lists using transaction WBDM_HPR

At a High Level once you create a promotions within transaction WAK1 this will set the stage for you to will activate a number of condition types available at the Merchandise category level, item level etc. one of the primary condition types for a single article numbers is VKA0. You will need to review the IMG under Logistic - General -> Retail Promotion for the conditions types that you would like to activate. After the promotion has been setup the way that you would need you can activate the promotion via WAK16. This will make the condition types valid for the date ranges specified in the promotion.

You will need to send the condition types to the register which can be done via a few methods using transaction WPMA, WPMU, or the via the standard message for assortment lists using transaction WBDM_HPR some configuration/development will berequired to send the condition type VKA0 to the register

Additionally you may look into creating Bonus Buys within a promotion and sending these details to the Register via transction WPMA.

I am sorry for the high level description the trouble is there is quite abit of configuration require as well as client specific situations that will dictate the method of transmitting the conditions to the register.

Thank you,

Joseph

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collins,

In SAP the promotions are created using a transaction code WAK1. Do not worry about all the tabs in WAK1 screen as not all of them are applicable for all promotions.

You need to identify your articles in Fast Entry tab, Need to provide the Site group in Site Group page and then last few tabs of discounts and all are used.

You can create Site group from within promotion. When you are in promotion screen, you can select Environment menu and then navigate to Site Group and pick the options. First Create the site group and then assign the sites.

You can then navigate the Discount tab where you can define either a % discount or an absolute discount. If you want to configure the Bonus Buy, you can do so from Bonus Buy tab.

Once the promotion is created, if it is only a discount (KA02 or KA04), then it will automatically download along with Assortment List idoc (WBBDLD06) provided required configurations are in place. If it is a bonus buy, then you need to download the promotion to required store using transaction WPMA. In WPMA you have an option to provide the Bonus Buy number and then download to required stores.

I hope this will help you to kick-start your first promotion. Let us know if you need any more details.

Regards,

Amit