cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IES 10901 error using excel 2010 datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team;

I have just started learning report and universe development. I created a universe (unv) based on excel 2010 datasource. I updated one of the classes as measures.

If I select a class and measure when creating a webi report I am getting an error as below:

If I run a query with only classes everything is fine.

Please help me know why the number cannot be differentiated as year.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this measure a filed is your excel sheet?  can you post here how you are defining the measure..

Try running a query in universe with this measure object..

Also please remove the quote " from the name of the measure..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response.

Is this measure a filed is your excel sheet?  can you post here how you are defining the measure..

Yes this measure is a field in the excel sheet. I am sorry I couldn't recheck the steps I followed to define this as a measure. Is there some way to re-check the same.

Try running a query in universe with this measure object..

I have performed the same and found the below results.

SQL parsing results.

Ran SQL

Integrity check results.

Also please remove the quote " from the name of the measure..

I performed the above activty after removing the quote of the measure this time. No luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The measure you are defining is incorrect..

If you just click on that measure you will see how its being defined. Normally a measure should be defined with a aggregation level like sum ..

Here is an example how this measure should look like if the database filed name is measure

=SUM(table.measure)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. I got a brief idea about that now.

As mentioned I tried couple of trial and errors for function in properties of this measure (Number of year).

However it does not give me the desired result.

PS: Year is something like 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000 etc. and this is how it should get reflected on running the query. But it is incorrect at all times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if this measure is just the year then you have to make it a dimension in univers manually.. It should not also be aggregated in universe..