cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Webi report by break footing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a webi report in which i included a break by a column and then added a sum footing for my measure coulumn. I'm trying to filter the report where my sum footing is greater that a desired value.

is there a way to filter a report based on a break footing?

Thanks!!!

WEBI 4.0 Build 797

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

If you want a filter on the block based on break footer value then you will have to create a variable to aggregate the measure using the dimension used for the break..

For example if I  have a measure as revenue and break on state then I will create a variable as State_Revenue

=Sum([Sales revenue]) In ([State])

And then put the filter on this new variable which will calculate the value for break footer and put the filter based on break footer values..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awsome - Thanks Drug, Raja!!

That did the trick!!!

Your example is what i was looking for but, i'm just curious though - and using your example - Is there a way to turn the variable into a user prompt when the report is refreshed? So for example when the user runs the report it will prompt them to enter State_Revenue and the report will be filtered by the logic in the prompt; for example, greater than what the user entered. Or would it have to be done at the universe level

Thanks again guys!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that can be done but to do that you will have to create an measure object from universe and then utilize that as a prompt.

Or you can have the filter it in the report layer as a input control or utilizing a slider type input control to give user ability of select at run time..

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is not direct condition or variable . you need to create a variable as Mishra suggested.