cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overriding condition record found in pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I implemented a Z-condition type which depends on material groups and has quantity scales in the background. The access to the condition table works fine.

The quantity scale looks as follows:

QuantityAdjusted Rate (%)
1-9100%
10-4995%
50-9990%
100-24985%
250-???80%

Now I have a special case depending on the minimum order quantity in the material master data.

E.g. the case that material 12345 has a minimum order quantity of 10 pieces, a order with 15 pieces (that gets a adjusted rate of 95% out of the pricing procedure) should be accounted with a rate of 100%. An order with a quantity of 55 pieces e.g., the adjusted rate of 90% (out of the pricing procedure) should remain.

In other words:

If the minimum quantity of the material master data is in the quantity scale that was found in the pricing procedure with the order quantity, the adjusted rate should be always 100%. Otherwise the adjusted rate which was found out of the pricing procedure should remain.

How can I handle this case? From my point of view, I have to override the condition record after the pricing procedure (in the case I mentioned before). Is there a special userexit? Or is there an other way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting requirement, even though it looks confusing in the beginning as Jelena has pointed out.

Other members have given valuable advice so far.

I am not sure if I am having any specific User Exit info as you are looking for, but I do have some design ideas that you can think of. These ideas can go with what other members are proposing.

Here you go:

1) You can maintain % Discount Condition Type to deal with the % off the List / Base Price based on Minimum Order Quantity of the Material.

Since each material can have different Minimum Order Quantity, hence it would difficult for you to define scales for all potential material, hence the suggestion of the Material Group based Minimum Order Qty. made by Ravuri is good. You would need the same Selling UOM of course.

Base your % Discount Condition Type with Scales for Qty.

2) Create a New Requirement for the New Condition Type which just checks if the Order Quantity falls in the Minimum Order Quantity of that particular Material and if it does deactivates the Condition Type i.e. not charge less but charges 100 % in effect.

So whatever the standard discount based on Qty. range will be checked against the Minimum Order Quantity and the Discount Condition Type can be activated or deactivated.

This would be a simple way of ensuring that you capture the Base Price and Discount % separately instead of trying to figure out from Base Price whether it is applied based on Minimum Order Qty. or not.

Basically, it is a combination of what others have advocated. You could also go with what is advocated by Lakshmipathi which is also a totally viable solution. 

My two cents here. My way of looking at solutions is to give user clear visibility of how the discounts are applied. For this there may be some routine applied too but the visibility is clearly with respect to discount applicability with a separate condition type.

Thanks.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I solved it by using Enhancement-Point "konm_verarbeiten_02" in LV61AA47. I did some coding in there and the problem is now solved.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a new pricing routine from VOFM, add the required logic and assign it against that condition type under the tab Alternative Calculation Type of your pricing procedure.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, One way is to create the first interval in such a manner that it includes min order qty of all products in your material group. This is possible if min order qty of all products of one material group do not vary much. (eg: 1-15 = 100%)

Else, development may be used as already suggested.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand the fuzzy math here, but in any case - have you tried Google search 'pricing user exit site:sap.com"? There are already tons of posts on this, hard to believe something has not been covered yet...

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Mike:

Maybe you can achieve this by developing a new scale base formula and assign it to your condition type in the procedure. xkwert is the field system uses for the base, some modification on how to get the value for xkwert could be developed to meet your requirement.