Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Plan Sales Order Issue

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We had setup a milestone billing plan & assigned to our standard sales order type, and each created sales order will be seperated to fulfill "two downpayments (40% + 30%) and one final invoice (30%)". The downpayments and final invoice are "Order Related" billing and Billing Block for these three phases' invoices is automatically set under "Header - Billing Plan" of the sales order. However, we found some issue as below -

When displaying the document flow, found that the "Overall Status" of the sales order is always "Being processed" even if the sales order has been fully 100% billed. Also, it is always confused that these fully billed sales orders are found as "Open Orders" in transaction VA05. Therefore, is it possible to change such kind of sales order as "Completed" if it is fully billed, or it is possible to close such kind of sales order if it is partially billed (e.g 40% + 30%) ?

Grateful if you can answer to solve my above issue,

Tks,

KH Fong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor

Hello,

can you please report in detail an example of the invoice milestones of your billing plan?

ie.

DOWNPAYMENT 20 % - billing rule = 4 - billing status = C

FINAL INVOICE 100 % - billing rule = 3 - billing status = C

etc.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrea

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek Misra,

Found the following system msg after selecting the "Rej. Reason" and clicking "Save"

1) Subsequent documents already exist for item 000010.

2) Item 000010: Cancellation not possible. Down payment request already created.

Then, the "Rej. Reason" was still blank after displaying the SO and the "Overall Status" of the SO was still not changed.

Hi Andrea Brusa Restelletti,

Attached is the info. of "Header - Billing Plan tab" and "Overall Status" in SO.

Looking forward to hearing from your advice.

Tks,

KH Fong

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you show also the "Status" tab at level item, please?

Thanks,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kindly use tcode V_MACO to set the status complete.

Regards,

Bhavin

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

No change on SO status even if executing the tcode V_MACO.

Hi Andrea,

Attached is "Item - Status tab" of the SO.

Tks,

KH Fong

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess the problem is here: the Sales Order Item is relevant for delivery, but the delivery was not performed, and so the global status of the item is  open. As you see the problem is not the billing status, which is fully invoiced.

Best regards,

Andrea

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Tks for your advice, but the relevant "Item Cate (TAO)" was configured as "I - Order Relevant Billing - Billing Plan" and "Item Relevant for Delivery" was not checked. For the relevant "Sales Order Type", it was configured as both "Order Related Billing" & "Delivery Related Billing". Is it due to the setting of the "Sales Order Type" ?

If the Sales Order's "Overall Status" is still kepping "Being processed" and it has been fully or partially invoiced (like the Billing Plan in this e.g.), will there be any impace on the FI / CO part ?

Could you / other expert(s) advise my above questions ?

Tks,

KH Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kwok,

Please check the schedule line category in VOV6 that whether you have checked the flag TVEP-LFREL (Item.rel.f.delivery).

NOTE : Also check VBEP-LFREL for the sales order. If it is set as 'X', system is expecting a delivery.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes it could be.

If the overall status remain "Being processed", there are no impact on FI/CO. If you have reports checking closed/completed documents (custom or standard, such as VA05, VA05N), queries, these documents will result as open documents, even if they are not.

On top of that, if you manage system status at item level (TECO, CLSD, etc.) you won't be able to set them as far as the document is open.

Best regards,

Andrea

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Tks Bhavin Joshi, Andrea and other experts,

After using another schedule line cate. which "Item.rel.f.delivery" was not checked to create the Billing Plan SO, the overall status could then be updated as "Completed" after fully invoiced.

For partially invoiced SO, I deleted the rest of billing items which was not required to bill and just kept the partially invoiced item under the "Header - Billing Plan" tab. Then, the overall status for this SO could also be updated as "Completed".

All the above SOs were also not found as "Open Orders" in VA05 / VA05N.

Last but not least, is there still any impact on my above practice ? Pls kindly let me know if any.

Many thanks for your above advice.

Regards,

KH Fong

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The status of a document would vary in document flow depending upon your item category and copy control settings.  So as already stated, you need to check what completion rule is set to your item category.  Next in VTLA, for that item category, check whether symbol "+" is set for the field "Pos.neg.quantity".

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your advice. However, the "Completion Rule" is blank in the relevent Item Cate. - "TAO" under VOV7 and the Sales Order (checked in table - "VBAP-ERLRE"). I had also tried to execute the program - "SDVBUK00" but the Sales Order Status was still not changed. As the billings are "Order Related",

the VTLA should not be relevant.

Any other solution ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check in the Billing plan for either item level or header, have you maintained the billing rule as '3' or not in the final invoice. This also may be the cause of the issue. Make sure to remove the 'block' as well. You may also check the tcode V_MACO for your reference.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin Joshi,

Thanks for your advice. However, I had alrady inputted the billing rule as '3 - Closing invoice in milestone billing' in the final invoice of Billing Plan but the "Overall Status" of SO was still "Being processed" after creating Invoice for this plan.

In the final invoice of Billing Plan, "Date description" was inputted as "0008 - Closing Invoice"; "Usage" was inputted as "0003 - Final Approval"; "Billing Status" was already "C - Completely processed" after creating Invoice (& released to Finance) for this plan; "Date Cate." was inputted as "1 - Milestone Billing".

Any other suggestion on this ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you ran report SBVBUK00 report after changing the billing rule ? If not. please try it first in test mode to check if there is any change in order status or not.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin Joshi,

There is no the report - "SBVBUK00". Is it "SDVBUK00" ? I had executed it but the "Overall Status" of SO was still NOT changed. Any other suggestion on this ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

try putting a rejection reason on suchorders at line item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KH,

check note "323048 - Sales order 'in process' although delivered+billed"

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fong,

Do you have any line item having overall status 'being processed' ?

If yes, please check whether the completion rule maintained for the item category in VOV7 and in the field VBAP-ERLRE. If yes, then remove the completion rule in VOV7 and run report ZZERLRE0 from the note 323048.

After that use report SDVBUK00 from note  85535.

If in VOV7, the completion rule is blank, then please check the field VBAP-ERLRE for the coresponding sales order. If it is maintained the also please user the report ZZERLRE0 first to make the field VBAP-ERLRE empty and then use the SDVBUK00 report to correct the order status.

The completion rule is designed for quotations or contracts which will

be referred in the subsequent process. The completion rule should not b

maintained for sales order item category by normal process. Due to the

completion rule, the sales order shows an overall processing status

'Being process' even though the sales order has been fully delivered and/

or billed.

I hope this information helps to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi