cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change/delete/Inactive a Default Supplier type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like to know how i can change the Default Supplier type in sourcing.

the steps i followed are

1) used workbook to upload the vendor type.

2)  currently scenario :

a) XYZ 1 = default

b) XYZ 2 = default

tried to make XYZ 1 as default and removed the XYZ 2 but i am getting the error as

# Failed: object 1: Default Supplier Type already exists. [DEFAULT_TYPE].

# Failed: object 2: You can not change the default flag for the Supplier.

Now here i cannot Inactive the Supplier Type XYZ 2 as " Default supplier types cannot be inactivated."

both are set to default hence if i want only XYZ 1 to be active one how will i process further.

it would be great if any one can help me out here.

Thanks

Kanchan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kanchan,

You can add a column called INACTIVE to the import template (found in the workbook) for Supplier Type and set it to TRUE for the Supplier Type that you want to inactivate.  I just tested this and it works.  The flag itself does not seem to be available in the UI even if you have the appropriate permissions.  I think this might be a bug -- typically what you can do in an import is the same as what you can do in the UI - so, in addition to inactivating the Supplier Type that you want to make inactive by using an import file, you might want to enter a ticket to have it looked at by Development.

For your immediate need,  you should be able to do this through an import.

I hope this helps,

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for the help,

case 1 ) I have added column called INACTIVE to the import template and made it " TRUE"  but i am still getting the error as : # Failed: object 1: You can not change the default flag for the Supplier

case 2) : i have kept the Default_Type blank , i have also tried with default supplier type TRUE/FALSE but for those i get error message as "  # Failed: object 1: You can not change the default flag for the Supplier" and " # Failed: object 1: Default Supplier Type already exists. [DEFAULT_TYPE]. " keeping the INACTIVE = TRUE.

I think i need to raise an SAP message.

Thanks

Kanchan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below link for editing the shopping cart in sourcing.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/New+edit+functionality+within+the+Sourcing+Cockpit

Regards,

RBEI/Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RBEI,

Thanks for information but, this is not what i want.

Thanks

Kanchan