cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR permissions on SC level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in process of implementing DTR permissions. When we set permissions on SC level, the permissions are getting impacting to only root level.

For example we have track DEMO which has software components SC1 & SC2. When we set permission using two users i.e testuser1 and testuser2 and assign read/write access for SC1 to testuser1 and read/write access for SC2 to testuser2. However, these seems not working as the permissions are getting impacted on root / level and both users are either not able to login to DTR or access Development infrastructure in NWDS.

Any ideas, what needs to be implemented to get a proper permissions on Software Component level. Any relevant documents or a real-time experience will be much helpful to us.

Thanks,

MR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi MR,

I believe it shall properly work if it has been properly configured.

Have a look at this guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f06b95d3-3c49-2d10-0eaf-e10bce6cb...

What is your NWDS and NWDI version by the way?

Did you have a look at the content of the ACL XML you can access at:

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/system-tools/ShowFileResource?filePath=/ws/system/config/active/ACLs/byPath/acl.xml

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

NWDI and NWDS both on 7.30 version. The initial permissions are working fine as per the document you have sent. It is only when we try to implement this with other users(developers) to grant them or deny them to certain SCs. We have some contractors to who we want to deny access to all SCs in the Track except the one on which they are working.

Can you please share some info on how to implement this. In meantime, I will check the acl.xml file which you refered above at my end.

Thanks,

MR

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please attach the acl.xml as well?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have attached the acl.xml file

Regards,

MR

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please set back the permission to the root (/) ? As default it is there but I assume you deleted it and now your acl settings are too restrictive.

can you please add this again into your acl.xml (right after the 2nd line in the acl.xml you attached)

<acl>

<resource>/</resource>

<ace>

<all />

<grant>

<privilege>access</privilege>

<privilege>read</privilege>

<privilege>write</privilege>

<privilege>checkin</privilege>

<privilege>import</privilege>

<privilege>export</privilege>

<privilege>integrate</privilege>

<privilege>adminA</privilege>

<privilege>adminX</privilege>

</grant>

<description />

</ace>

</acl>

and then restart DTR and test again?

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

I have set the root / permission as you mentioned and tried again. However, I am still unable to set permission on SC level.

It would be helpful if you can brief the steps to set permission on SC level taking my example above.

Thanks,

MR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue, If yes, Please share the solution.

Thanks & Regds,

JC