cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackFlushing of Data to ECC from SAP ME via SAP MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have used the RFC to backflush the data back to ECC system....Actually i have written the transaction using JCO connectors to start the session......I am using SAP ME 4.2 so i cannot trigger directly from SAP ME system so that it would trigger the transaction and display he alarm in ECC....So, I am pulling data from SAP ME Database and trying it to send it to ECC system....But the restriction is If the particular equipment is down in SAP ME i should get the Alarm Notification in ECC lik that equipment "xxx" is down.....what are the ways to do it?? Can anyone please guide me on this. am using the BAPI_ALARM_NOTIF_CREATE and saving it using the save bapi function...

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Continuation of previous question.......

To be honest....I have hit a road block like I have taken the Equipment name and its status from SAP ME 4.2 Database as i mentioned earlier and I have used a repeater to loop through but after the repeater i have assigned the values of Equipment and its status to Transaction Property....The issue starts here like If i assign the transaction variable to BAPI's request valuue equipment it returns nothing in response.....it displays nothing on the tracer....Please guide me on this....

Thanks

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Praveen, Can you put tracer to Transaction Property and see if something is storing in that?

Also make sure about what data type you setting and storing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

I have put tracer actually the value is getting stored in that transaction variable which is getting reflected in that tracer....But the issue starts when i assign that variable to BAPI's input euipment.....Once it is assigned then BAPI's equipment value retrieved shows empty.....According to me i think like there is no such equipment in ECC system that is why it is refusing to fetch and hence it returns nothing.....Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.....

Thanks

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, can you execute that RFC in ECC putting these test data and see what happens whether it shows any results?

Also check for other equipment information if you have from MII, I mean run the Bapi call separately in different Trx hard coding these values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup...I got ur point ....I have hardcoded the values where the equipment number which i have given was present in ECC so it displayed the values...But here its sumwhat a different scenario, i take the equipment from SAP ME 4.2 database and so if i do in this way, it returns nothing...So only i had a doubt like equipment might not be present in ECC....

Thanks

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you check what is the data type in ECC for this field(equipment).

Sometimes if there is data type mismatch also it wont assign properly. Like if it is double and if you passing string. You may need the conversion that time.

Check again all these.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check and get back to you on this Padma....Is there any possibility that either i could create any new equipment  or create a new serial number for the existing equipment ?? If so i can change that equipment name to my convenience based on the MES system and will pass that equipment number....IF this can be done please let me know the procedure to do so...

Thanks

Praveen