cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher for Fact sheets only or is also required for Transactional Apps?

former_member9607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I came to know that in Fiori wave 2 there are few changes in architecture ( Is it so? ). So was just reading documentation for FIORI Wave 2, at SAP Library.

I saw the architecture. I think there is no difference as far as the Transactional Apps are concerned. We will be following the same Central Hub Deployment architecture.

As per the architecture given, we have to configure SAP Web Dispatcher (recommended) or any other reverse proxy provider for all 3 kinds of apps.

I was going through the configuration documentations.. where i found the below table.

Component in System Landscape

Tasks

Relevant for

SAP Web Dispatcher

Configure SAP Web Dispatcher

Fact sheets

But as per the architecture there should be SAP Web Dispatcher configured for all the apps.

So if we are deploying Transactional apps only, do we require it or not ?

Regards,

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

There are Frontend server and Backend server in the architecture diagram. New launchpad runs on fromtend server. When factsheet app is called, it calls backend directly without OData path on frontend server. That is why web dispatcher is required for dispatching call to backend.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

former_member9607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa

arun_santhanam3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

In that case even if i use a 3rd party Reverse Proxy server like (NetScalar) Is that sill holds good? or it has to be only WebDispatcher. Could you confirm pls.

Thanks

-Arun

Answers (0)