Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Use Drill down Concept in Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Happy New Year 2014 ...... 

I want to know how to use drill down option in Crystal report .  In below i have explained my screnario

For example :

In crystal report I have a Group Header ie, Purchase order  Numer .  Each purchase order have 5 line items.  If i drill down () on each Order No it should display  line details  in crystal report,and also it will be in Same page - Not seperate Tab or Seperate Window

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can provide in-place drill-down functionality for Crystal reports by using one of the 3rd-party viewers (see list at http://kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html). You can see a video demonstration of how this works in my viewer app.  Note: it requires adding a few formulas to the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ido Millet,

Thanks for your reply.................

No third party tool will be allowed.....That's our main issue...

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Does your client have Business Objects Enterprise/Crystal Reports Server?

WebElements is a great (free) add-on for CR and can do great things.

Please have a look at this blog here and see if it can do what you're looking for.

-Abhilash

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Abdul,

to reiterate Abhilash's question, does the client have either boe or cr server? if so, i may have something for you in a couple of days as i'm just working on a sample report that does this...i.e. opens and closes sections based on a grouping.

it will only work in those two environments using the dhtml viewer. the webelements library will not be needed in this case.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your response.....

Client Using SAP 8.82 and SAP Crystal Report.

please help me for Solving these issues....

--

Abdul

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not too sure if this will work inside SAP B1, Abdul.

-Abhilash

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Abdul,

i've attached a sample report that uses a formula in conjunction with url reporting (in this case opendocument is used) to accomplish both 'drill in place' and 'opening and closing sections.'  you'll need to adapt one formula to meet your needs and this formula must reference the sap b1 path and use its url syntax.

stage two

stage three

once you have downloaded and extracted the attachment, change the .txt extension to .rpt. there is one formula on the sample that you need to copy over to your report. in this master formula you just need to adjust the settings to your environment.

stringvar array parameter1:= {?OpenG1}; // you don't need to change this...just ensure that this parameter is copied over to your report when you copy the formula over

stringvar parametername:= 'OpenG1'; // only needs to be changed if you change the parameter above

stringvar group1:= {Customer.Country}; // set this to your report's group field

stringvar reporturl:= '/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sType=rpt&sDocName=DrillInPlaceUsingURLParameters'; // set this to your url path...not sure what this is in sap b1

note that the formula is now written in syntax for opendocument. the parameters are passed using syntax like lsMABCD=[value1],[value2]. if this is not the same syntax as in sap b1, then you'll also need to adjust the stringvar syntax for "thisgroup" and "reporturl" so that the syntax matches the syntax in sap b1 for passing multiple values.

you'll also need to have a look at the suppression formula which is used in Group Header 1b. just copy that syntax to your report to the section you wish to open and close.

also note that in future cases when you're using businessobjects enterprise or crystal reports server, that you can in fact get rid of those tabs that are opened when drilling. please see my blog post here. none of these opendocument switches are required for this particular scenario, but they may come in handy for you in the future for other reports.

i hope that this works for you,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not helpful me !!!!!!!

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately there is no way to do this directly in crystal reports...you'd either need the viewer that Ido suggested above (but you said no 3rd party tools) or businessobjects enterprise / cr server.

i am not familiar with sap b1, but as one last option in crystal reports you can Insert an OLAP Grid. one of the cube connectors is sap business information warehouse...not sure if that cube type is available in sap b1. other type is ms ole db for analysis services.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Crystal Reports does not have the expand-collapse controls that you're looking for.

Drilldown can be achieved using a lot if techniques, however most of them open the detail data in a new tab.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash Kumar,

Thanks for your valuable reply....

Because of the below points only  I am looking like that.....

--> Customer wants to take print out of the group header details

-->  Customer wants to take print out of all the header details in same page.

if the details will be coming in diffrent page,then customer want to take print out the each header details.it will waste time and accuracy of the report....

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, unfortunately you won't be able to do all at the same time!

If printing is a priority, you can create a parameter that prompts the user whether you wish to see the detail lines or not. Then using conditional suppression formula you can 'hide' the details section and show just the summary rows.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash Kumar,

I understood about what you had said....

Customer need is that....

--> if having Five purchase order, sometimes customer will print  5 header parts other wise 5 header parts with ther details part...

And also some times......may be expand 2 purchase order remains kept collapse,after will take printout

Conclusion : Partial details parts also want to take print out.....

Then ,what will do.....?

Ok....Thanks for your valuable time to spend for me.....

Regards.....

Abdul Basheer.PK