Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW on HANA - Authorization issue in HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Happy New Year and best wishes!

My Scenario:

I have a BW on HANA landscape (schema created in HANA database is BHX and in the HANA Studio I am logged onto the SYSTEM user. In the SYSTEM user, I am able to see the BHX schema.

I created a new user (for administration purposes which should be able to do everything) HANA_ADMIN. Now, I want BHX schema to be visible when I log in using the HANA_ADMIN user. I am able to do this. Secondly, I am not able to view the contents of any table in BHX schema using the SYSTEM user.

Logically, I need to do this, which I already tried but to no avail - Login using SYSTEM user and open the user HANA_ADMIN which was created earlier. assign the necessary default roles (MONITORING, CONTENT_ADMIN, etc.). In the Object Privileges assign a SELECT on schema BHX. I am not able to do this. An error occurs - Üser HANA_ADMIN cannot be modified, Could not Grant privilege SELECT on BHX. You are not authorized to perform the required actions." Isn't SYSTEM user supposed to be having all requisite privleges for activities like these?

Issue:

To use HANA_ADMIN for viewing and doing all necessary activities on BHX schema and use HANA_ADMIN to further create new users and assign respective privileges and roles. And I am unable to use SYSTEM user to perform these tasks for HANA_ADMIN user.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

kG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the BW admin user for the BHX schema to assign right to system and your admin user. System doesn't necessarily have access to all schemes.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your help!

I thought something like this would come up Now, when you say BW Admin user, how do I find that out because I do not recall our team setting up something like this during system setup.

Correct me if I am wrong, what I need to do is login into HANA Studio using the BHX schema user and grant the schema to users SYSTEM.

Regards,

kG

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah

Login to HANA System using BHX schema user and assign this schema to SYSTEM and your ADMIN user

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vivek,

Do you say I should reset the password for BHX schema user and then login into HANA Studio using that? In doing so, what is the possible impact on the BW system, since it may need to connect to the schema and changing the credentials may affect the BW app server reaching the BW database, specifically BHX schema under which all my BW tables are.

Regards,

kG

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't you have BHX schema password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't reset the password, it is the master password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John/Vivek,

I would not reset the password. Any input which I can give to my team to know if they have or configured the password during system setup for the BW admin/BHX? Currently, I do not have the password for the BHX user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John & Vivek,

I have spoken to my team. And we managed to login into the BHX schema. Thank you for all your help!

Appreciate that.

Regards,

kG

Answers (0)