cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI table for action/task statuses

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to take a few fields from one PI table and process it further.
I'm having a problem locating the tables.

My client has defined the request like this:
They want to create a demo for data extraction from SAP PI to MS SQL.
They would need to process the Action table.
They need 2 fields passed to MS SQL: Action ID and Action Status.

Does it sound familiar? Action IDs and statuses for tasks/actions in PI?
Further explanation by client:
"What the integration needs to achieve from a functional perspective is that if tasks are updated manually ie by user in SAP (ie using SAP Task Manager - i think this is what SAP call their module to manage tasks/actions?), then in our database the corresponding Actions also have their status updated automatically by updating data from SAP to SQL."

Since I'm new to PI, I don't have an idea which table do I need to take a look at,
and use in my code to export it to SQL.
Technical part is easy, ABAP to extract the data, DBCON to connect to SQL and
then insert statement to write data to SQL.
Been there, done it easily in FI,CO,PP,SD... but PI is very new to me.

I wanted to get a clarification of the actions/tasks in PI, what are those, and what are their
statuses, and which tables to take a look at?
If anyone has idea on which table this could be I'll highly appreciate it...

Regards and happy new year!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo

You can connect to MS SQL from SAP PI/XI using JDBC adapter. Once the JDBC drivers are deployed & connection is established, develop an interface to insert records in MS SQL database table.

Please check below URL for the steps to configure JDBC adapter. Also you can google for sample scenarios on this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the answer I'm OK with the technical part of the story
I just need the table name for actions/tasks in PI since I'm not familiar
with PI functionality at all.
A short explanation on what these actions/tasks are, what Task manager is,
which tables are used for the actions/tasks statuses would be great help.

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sundic

If you are able to manage establishing connection to MS SQL database and build an interface in PI, below are the things you need to get

- You can implement a BAPI to fetch data from SAP tables. Since you are not sure about system, please check with your client team/functional colleagues for system id and table where they store data. Develop a function module to query the database and call the BAPI to bring data into PI.

- In PI, you can do the required transformations as per your target table structure definition. Again check with your client team for table details in MS SQL. You can develope SQL statement or procedure to update table in MS SQL.

System & Table details need to be checked with client team or functional team.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

From my point of view if you want to extract data from SAP ERP or SAP PI ABAP system you would do a RFC o proxy over the ABAP tables. If you want to connect a PI system you can follow the steps pointed in this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8000cffc-6b92-2d10-3493-f2ac13992...

Pay attention that depending of your PI version something cold be done differently.

Regards.