cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Installing Wily Introscope on Windows 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was having trouble getting the CA Wily Introscope Agent to connect to the working manually installed CA Introscope Enterprise Manger 9 so I decided to try and let SAP install it for me. I originally went with the manual install because I couldn't get the system to install it for me. But now, I've returned back to this point.

It looks like it's having trouble finding the CA-EULA.txt being signed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong and was hoping that someone could see an obvious mistake. I'm using the remote installation to install Wily EM Stand-Alone.

Possible issues: The installer is reading the CA-EULA.txt from the extracted SAR file which would not be accepted. It doesn't like trying to install to a D:\ drive?

I've also noticed that the Enterprise Manager Port is defaulting to a different default than the manual installer.

Error: Unexpected error occurs in task execution. (detail: com.sap.smd.agent.wily.emsetup.exception.SetupTaskActionException: The terms of the Lesser GNU Public License are not accepted)

Paths:

EM SAR Archive path: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9\WILY_IS_EM15_0-20007498.SAR

Introscope customization for SAP: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope_Management_Module9\WILY_IS_MM15_0-10010973.SAR

EULA text license: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9\ca-eula.txt

OSGI Packages: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_OSGI9\osgiPackages.v9.1.5.0.windows.zip

Introscope installation directory: D:\usr\sap\ccms\wilyintroscope

Enterprise Manager Transaction Storage directory: D:\usr\sap\ccms\wilyintroscope\trace

Enterprise Manager Data Storage directory: D:\usr\sap\ccms\wilyintroscope\data

JVM 1.5 Home directory:

Enterprise Manager Port: 5001

Enterprise Manager Web Port: 8081

Enterprise Manager JVM Maximum Memory: 1024

Introscope EM Windows Service unique name: Introsocope Enterprise Manager

Introscope EM Windows Registry unique name: IScopeEM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I got it. No one else will have to experience anymore now that they've released the installation for Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 SPS 10.

There is some conflicting documentation about which version to install.

In short:

Windows 2012

Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 SPS 04

CA Wily Introscope OSGI 9.1.0.2

CA Wily Enterprise Manager 9 SP10

Extract CA Wily Enterprise Manager

Copy eula.txt into the extracted folder.

Accept the agreements in eula.txt and ca-eula.txt

Update the installer.properties file as necessary

Copy the CA Wily Introscope OSGI zip file into the extracted folder

Run the Introscope9.1.0.2windowsAMD64SAP.exe

Follow the CA Wily Introscope installation guide for 9 not 9.1.5.

and so on...

After you've updated your Solution Manager to SPS 08 or later, you can use CA Wily Enterprise Manager 9.1.5.

Thank you so much everyone!

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like Windows Server 2012 requires CA Wily Introscope 9. CA Wily Introscope 9 requires Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 Support stack 10. SAP released support stack 10 to the installation page of Solution Manager on 2013.11.28 . Which is great because it looks I wasn't able to approve the downloads of the support stack without having Solution Manager configured. With the direct download, I can go ahead with the update and return to installing the CA Wily Introscope 9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, it doesn't look like this is possible? I have SPS 04 installed. In order to approve downloads to reach SPS 10, I need to have Maintenance Optimizer installed and configured. In order to configure the Maintenance Optimizer, I need to have Solution Manager configured. I can't finish configuring that without the CA Wily Introscope 9 configured.

Interesting. Perhaps the SPS 10 in the Solution Manager installation location is cumulative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that the accepted ca-eula.txt is being copied to: D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\SMDAgent\temp\em_installations\binaries

Yet, the installation still fails. I cleaned up the D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\SMDAgent\temp\em_installations of any file that are created today. That didn't seem to make a difference.

The wilyem_installation report states: Task Extract Introscope Enterprise Manager failed cause by com.sap.smd.agent.wily.emsetup.exception.SetupTaskActionException: Error occurs during extraction of IEM archive (status=40 processing archive D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\SMDAgent\temp\em_installations\binaries\wilyem.sar...

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Are you sing thLis EULA?

To download the third-party external component package files:

1. Go to http://opensrcd.ca.com/ips/osgi/

2. Download the following files from the subdirectory for current release (introscope_9.1.5.0):

 eula.txt

 The osgiPackages archive appropriate for your system:

o osgiPackages.v9.1.5.0.windows.zip, for a Windows system

The file EULA.txt included in the installation media will not work, so you have to download it from the above URL as the osgi Package

Also paste the log for us to check

Kind Regards

Jose Alamo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jose,

I did download the eula.txt from that folder, edited it as:LGPL=accept

and placed it in the same folders as the osi package and the Introscope 9 installers.

Location Paths:

EM SAR Archive path: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9\WILY_IS_EM15_0-20007498.SAR

OSGI Packages: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_OSGI9\osgiPackages.v9.1.5.0.windows.zip

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

You are placing files in different directories:

G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9

G:\Installation\CA_Wily_OSGI9

First uncompress WILY_IS_EM15_0-20007498.SAR

and then copy osgi and wula to folder G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9

Then you can run he installer, it should work

Points will be apreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I merged the two folders as suggested. I also uncompressed the G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9\WILY_IS_EM15_0-20007498.SAR file and selected the embedded exe.

Note: The instructions on the screen request the SAR.

In the past, I believe that I observed the installation uses the extracted, unsigned ca-eula.txt . I've also noticed that it may not like any drive letter other than C:\

I've attached the log file.

Updated paths:

EM SAR Archive path: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9_and_OSGI9\introscope9.1.5.0windowsAMD64SAP.exe

Introscope customization for SAP: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope_Management_Module9\WILY_IS_MM15_0-10010973.SAR

EULA text license: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9_and_OSGI9\ca-eula.txt

OSGI Packages: G:\Installation\CA_Wily_Introscope9_and_OSGI9\osgiPackages.v9.1.5.0.windows.zip

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jason,

This is the log

Invalid CA EULA Specified

----------------------

D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\SMDAgent\temp\em_installations\last_installation_execution\ca-eula.txt does not indicate acceptance of the CA End User License Agreement.

Edit the responsefile so that the ca-eulaFile property refers to a valid CA End User License Agreement file whose terms have been accepted, then rerun the silent installer.

To acknowledge and accept the agreement:

- open it in a text editor and read the terms and conditions

- edit the end of the file to indicate acceptance of the license

- save the changes

So, you have to check that the last line of the file LGPL=accept

If you already changed it, you are using a wrong EULA, you have to use the EULA.txt from the same folder as osgiPackages.v9.1.5.0.windows.zip in http://opensrcd.ca.com/ips/osgi/

Regards

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

also change this in ca-eula.txt

# The set of valid values for CA-EULA is: {accept, reject}.

CA-EULA=accept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep. Got it in all copies of the CA-EULA.txt that I could find.

I believe the installation is extracting the installer containing the CA-EULA.txt and using the original, unmodified file rather than the one I've specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very clearly mentioned in the installation guide that you need to get the CA-EULA file and need to modify the file.

follow the guide https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000019302012E.PDF ( Page no 12)

and also more detail refer this

also make sure you are doing installation with adm user.

Please check,

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jansi,

The ca-eula.txt has the following line: CA-EULA=accept

and the files are in the following paths:

Paths:

I am performing the installation using the windows user, sm1adm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also need to modify the CA-EULA file, you have to enter Accept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the the file CA-EULA exist in same folder, i remeber i had to download the file separately.

You edit the file and accept the license as described at the end of the file.

You can refer to the wily interscope installation document for more info.

+ after installation and duiring the SolMan basic configuration, if you faced an issue connecting wily to SolMan you may have to apply LM-services patch. i.e patch 2 for SolMan 7.1 SP8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that I have the ca-eula.txt in the correct folder. They are as follows:

Paths:

I tried looking for the LM-services patch a few days ago, but could not find it. It looks like my SAP_BASIS Release is 702 and the level is 9.

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can change port number in D:\usr\sap\ccms\wilyintroscope\config\IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the port correct.

Enterprise Manager Port: 5001

I think it should be 6001.

Have you check the below note.

1785770 - How to Install Wily Introscope Workstation 9 on windows server [ Wizard Based Setup ] - SA...

1565954 - Introscope 9 Release Notes

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I kept the port the default. However, I have noticed that if you manually install Introscope, it defaults to 6001. Installing it through SAP defaults to 5001.