cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing another peculiar issue on our production server. We have file adapters which are used to pick files from a unix dropzone and bring them into XI. Our files were not being picked, and in adapter monitoring, i saw that the file adapter was in 'red' with the description as

- 2007-03-15 03:13:06 EDT: Error: Processing interrupted due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException

- 2007-03-15 03:13:06 EDT: Processing started

- 2007-03-15 03:03:06 EDT: Polling interval started. Length: 600.000 s

- 2007-03-15 03:03:06 EDT: Processing finished successfully

- 2007-03-15 03:03:06 EDT: Processing started

When i activate this adapter, this turns 'green' and processing takes place.However, it becomes red again, after a while, and srops picking files.

Could someone please give me some pointers?

cheers,

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

for error case if file being picked up from file folder? or is it still their only?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have written any shell script / os command to connect to Unix to pick up file??

And after that did you have any content conversion parameters??

Check the J2EE engine working or not, if no then restart / also check the connection parameters in sender file like procesing mode - delete / read only...

why bcz do you have authorisation to do such operation on unix???

see the below links how to do with unix..

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi - Call UNIX Shell Script

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

We have shell scripts but not specific to this file adapter.

Content conversion is used here.

J2EE stack is fine, and we are planning not to restart till the root cause is found.

Processing mode is 'archive' because we have an archiving folder.

We would like to know the root cause for this. We have two different projects running on this prod. box, and the other project is also affected with (IDOC-Xi-IDOC) scenario failing , as described in this thread I raised earlier today.

I am sure they are connected in someway, but cant see the light so far !

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

No. In case of error, files do not get picked up.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

Can you try a J2EE Engine Restart?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I already considered this action. However, since this is a production server, I would like to be sure that bouncing the java stack would work. Also, need to find the root cause of this issue.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

it cant be J2ee engine problem because if it was J2ee enigne problem it should effect all the files.

my feeling is that adapter is trying to read the file while it been wirtten both are happening at same time . did you check this ?

can use Advanced mode in sender file adapter

Additional parameters

Msecs to wait before modification Check : give some value may 300 etc based on file size.

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

That would have been an interesting option if I had not faced a similar problem in another project on the same Prod Box today. Please see the thread above.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the above link scenario how r u sending data to XI . their it mapping issuse in sxmb_moni . here it is failing at adapter level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

Once I faced a similar problem with JDBC sender adapter. Might sound stupid, but when I copied the channel to another channel and changed the sender agreement accordingly, the scenario worked properly. Not sure, of cause of the issue still.

The thread I raised for this

P.S: No idea if this issue is related to mine.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

SAX parser is being used here. An imported archive. Incoming IDOC is parsed, and stored in a vector, and validations/prop. file lookups are done, and then check for IDOC validity is done.(mandatory params etc..). If valid, IDOC is posted to o/p stream, and if invalid, nothing is sent.

I know that here, it looks like a mapping issue, but since these two errors started occuring simultaneously, the doubt.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Cant do this, as we are on prod :(.

Anyways, I am just looking to analyze the root cause for this.!!

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u try this option

can use Advanced mode in sender file adapter

Additional parameters

Msecs to wait before modification Check : give some value may 300 etc based on file size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

I need to give substantial reason, before I do this. This interface has never faced this issue for a year and a half now.

That is why I am looking for a proper explanation as to what is going on .

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prashanth,

did you find the solution for this, i have the same problem, file is not picking,

3/15/07 2:33:46 PM Retry interval started. Length: 60.0 seconds

Error 3/15/07 2:33:46 PM Configured source directory '/usr/server/61/editest/comm/fromsap/2007/03_2007' does not exist

3/15/07 2:33:46 PM Processing started

Error 3/15/07 2:33:00 PM Retry interval started. Length: 60.0 seconds

the directory was there, did i missed any please let me know asap.

thanks

nivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the diretory and the filename what you are looking for is present or not? If yes then please check the permissions whether you have the read permission or not?

---Satish