cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date not being transferred for LOBM_HSDAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts:

I am stuck on an issue that I am hoping I can get some help on.  I have searched the forum numerous times and tried various options but nothing has worked thus far.

Here is the situation.....

I have generated the standard characteristics (via transaction code BMSM) and I have assigned the characteristic LOBM_HSDAT to the class which is subsequently assigned to the material I am testing with.  I am creating the batch when I release the process order (via transaction code COR1).  When I perform the goods receipt of the process order (MIGO or MB31), the batch does not get updated.  In fact the date of manufacturing field does not show in either one of the transactions (MIGO or MB31).

I was able to get standard characteristic LOBM_LWEDT to update when performing a goods receipt, so I know some of it is working

Any ideas or clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wally

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your customizing setting for classification in CORW ?

How is the setting in OMCV for 101 movement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Production Scheduling Profile is a custom one with the following settings:

CORW:

Auto Batch Creation:  2 Automatic batch creation at order release (business requirement)

Batch Classification:  1 Classification carried out in background (all batches)

OMCV (101 movement)

Classify batches:  1 Classification carried out in background (all batches)

Copy Characteristics:  1 Copy only classification characteristics

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, Have you defined to check SLED in OMJ5 transaction for your plant and for movement 101 ?

Have you entered the shelf life data in storage location view of your material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for the help.  I did not realize that you need to have the plant AND the 101 movement type active to check the sled.  That was my issue.  I thought the plant active would cover it.

Is there any way to update the date of manufacture without activating the SLED check?  Just curious.

Thanks so much for the help!

Wally

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without doing the SLED check, you will not get a pop-up to maintain the manufacturing date.

the only option I can think of is to have the date of manufacturing just as a characteristic in the classification (not the LOBM-HSDAT, not with a link to the MCHA/MCH1 field, just plain characteristic). Then you need to setup the system to process the classification in foreground to allow the user to make this entry.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wally

Check OMJJ transaction.

Regards

Kesava