cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register Hana to SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am preparing our first SAP hana installation.

When previewing the SLD documents, I notice the difference between hana and other DB in terms of sending SLD info:

(see Register Technical Systems Automatically by Data Suppliers - SAP Documentation

Database System (DBSYSTEM)

-

Database system information is delivered by various data suppliers, e.g. AS ABAP. The SMD agent Outside Discovery delivers all the information directly to LMDB (the information is not available in SLD). The Outside Discovery delivers software component information, which is sufficient for database systems, so manual post-processing in LMDB is not required.

HANA Database (HANADB)

HanaDatabase

An sldreg—based SLD data supplier is available as of HANA Platform 1.0 SPS 04.

Why Hana DB is different? Can the SMD agent Outside Discovery delivers all the information directly to LMDB, like other DBs?

BTW, for the BW/ECC running on Hana, we still go RZ70 to register the application server?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Reagan:

Thanks a lot!

After reading your links, I think SLDREG is not needed if RZ70 is used. Could you please confirm this?

Happy New Year.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jenna

According to this SAP note 1018839 - Registering in the System Landscape Directory using sldreg

You want to register a host (server, computer, host), a non-ABAP component, a non-J2EE SAP component, or a third-party system in the System Landscape Directory (SLD). You generally use the "sldreg" program to register this information. However, the use of this program is not fully documented.

To register an ABAP system with HANA in the SLD Tx RZ70 is sufficient.

Regards

RB

Answers (0)