Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to configure SQL server in MII Production server

swapnil_bodhke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem in configuring a Data Server connection in MII production environment.

I have deployed the sqljdbc.jar, sqljdbc4.jar, una2000.jar, ojdbc14.jar drivers.

Following are the connections parameters

Connector Type : IDBC

Pool max. : 100

The SQL server we are using is MSSQL 2012

Following are the error details checked in the NW Log Viewer

Unable to get a connection from the pool

[EXCEPTION]

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The connection to the host <hostName>, named instance <instanceName> failed. Error: "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out". Verify the server and instance names and check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434. For SQL Server 2005 or later, verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host.

Thanks in advance.

Swapnil Bodkhe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ponilango_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil,

I'd suggest two changes to your configuration,

1. Delete drivers other than sqljdbc4.jar - which is enough for MII14.0 - SQL 2012 connections.

2. The Connection url should be corrected as shown below,

jdbc:sqlserver://<IPAddress:PortNumber>;instanceName=<Instance>;database=<DatabaseName>

Also check with your network admin, whether your production VLAN has any firewall rule blocking the specified port - 1434.

IP Address port combination is most preferable than the fully qualified domain name in hostName

With regards,

Ponilango P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

swapnil_bodhke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help.

We got the connection working by including a dynamic port in the URL, but this solution is not a reliable connection.

Also I have checked for the TCP IP settings they are enabled and no firewall is active on the SQL server.

I think if I am able to make connection from other MII servers leaves no doubt with the the SQL server configuration.

We have to employ instance name in the the server URL as mention in my query and cant rely upon dynamic ports.

I think there could be the problem with the Java environment on which MII Prod is setup, kindly drop some suggestions and constraints on using sqljdbc4.jar on the host MII server.

Regards,

Swapnil B

0 Kudos

Swapnil,

The default port for MS SQL is 1433 so I would verify that 1434 is really the one you want to use.  This is a short read on how to determine the proper port via the standard Microsoft tools for your database:

Configure a Server to Listen on a Specific TCP Port (SQL Server Configuration Manager)

Sam

Message was edited by: Salvatore Castro

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try steps in this thread a/c to your IP and port.