cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

River tutorial code works on cloud but not on premise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can explore the tutorial code and generate data on the cloud at SAP River - Tutorials

I copied the Show Business code (SAP River - Show Business Tutorial) into an .rdl file in my River project. However, when I try to view Data Preview or Generate Data I receive the following error:

Cannot open data preview; the server returned an unexpected result: Error code 404 - Bad Identifier: HelloRiver.Movie {"error":{"code":"","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":{"type":"ODataInputError","message":"Bad Identifier: HelloRiver.Movie"}}}}

I've tried making a simple HelloWorld project as well, but I receive the same error for a different entity.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Did you run the setup script to create the package, schema etc. ?

If so, maybe you didn't uncheck the checkbox that says "Add project folder as sub-package" during the share stage.

To fix this, you need to add a role called <xxxxxx>$DevRole, where <xxxxxx> is the fully qualified names of the package structure, and then assign that role to your development user.

The script creates a role '<myApplicationName>$DevRole' but if you didn't uncheck the checbox, then your application is in something like '<myPackage.myApplicationName', and so you need to a dev role that corresponds to this.

Let me know if this solved the problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works great on my system. What revision of HANA do you use?

RIver is in an early adopter program - you can get support directly from the developers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I'm having the same issue and am involved in the early adopter program.

I'm using SAP HANA studio version: 1.0.7000 and Build id:  386119 and

SAP HANA Studio - River1.0.7000com.sap.ndb.studio.rdl.feature.feature.groupSAP
    RDL Parser Infrastructure3.7.0com.sap.rdl.parser.feature.feature.groupSAP
    SAP HANA Studio - Foundation1.0.7000com.sap.ndb.studio.foundation.feature.feature.groupSAP
    SAP HANA Studio - Runtime1.0.7000com.sap.ndb.studio.runtime.feature.feature.groupSAP
    SAP HANA Studio Repository1.0.7000com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.feature.feature.groupSAP

Best regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

I pinged the dev team and asked them to take a look.