cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing error in invoice for items with batch split in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am here with quoting my case,i have a  sales order as shown in the attachement with a 2000 pcs ordered. And it was delivered to the customer.

As since the stock was not abundant for a single batch  there were multiple batches which were delivered  to the customer as shown in the delivery.

when the delivery was invoiced,The first line item was going into pricing error where as the second line and third line item were carrying a price.

In our business process the  base price (ZIP1) of the materrial is carried out from the VPRS condition . and we develped a  pricing routine for the same which is working fine.But for the line item 10 (pricing error item) no VPRS is determined and as such no Base Price is determined.

To rectify this error after searching from our SDN forum i got a suggestion to implement a chnage in VTFL for changing the "billing quantity indicator" to "H" . which after implementation  our users were successful and no pricing problems were encountered .

Now the problem is how to repair the old invoices which were run into error  because of this pricing issues. I tried carrying out the new price determination in billing  (after subsequent cancellation of the billing document ) .we carried out a new invoice and we tried to carry out new pricing as on today with the field values pricing date / services rendered date / billing date  as on today .(the changes were implemented on 12.12.2013) .

but still the old erroneous biling documents are still unreleased to accouting. May i request your kind help in this regard ? an earliest suggestion would be highly appreciated as we are about to close the year.

BR

Krishna.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

in standard we are not able to create accounting for eighther for Zero quantity or Zero amount.

Your billing quantity is showing as 0--then it is showing for this line item in sales order 2000??

If your problem is in pricing--then why are you checking at billing quantity field?

Can you please send the screen shot of your pricing and routine you created for pricing...

I just saw that in sales order 2000 Qty to 0-Qty in billing--is there any partial billing only for this item???

also as per your note--you cancelled previously created subsequent billing documents--How come business allowed to do this?

Pl clarify--totally in shell now.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

The problem arised, when a line item in  delivery has a batch split , the first line item will be as 0 qty and subsequent line items had 1800 pc and 200 pc with diff batches.  as per the order qty is 2000 pc.

And when these line items were billed. The first line item has 0 qty , second and third line item has  1800 qty and 200 qty respectively . Because the first line item has 0 qty we had pricing error and the accounting document is not getting generated. To rectify this  it was suggest to use the parameter "H" in VTFL against Field "BILLING QTY" . After making the changes we had no more errors.

Now the question is how to repair the old invoices which are in errors ? I tried carrying out the new pricing as on today but still we are facing the pricing  error for the "0" qty item. for the old invoices . Hence tried cancelling the old invoice and creating a new invoice as on date. But still the invoice is going in pricing error. How to solve this scenario is the question. Hope we are in sync .

BR

Krishna

Former Member
phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you have not deleted the line item with 0-quantity at the delivery itself...then try once.

sorry i may be wrong---correct me.

Phanikumar

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Once after creation of invoice---have you checked in VF02--Enter the billing Doc number(don't go inside)--go to environment-Account determination analysis---Revenue accounts--and find exactly what was the problem(You might have forgotten this small tip--happens)

Note: This you need to check throughly for all your condition types against all your line items if your Billing shows as pricing error as per the subject tagline of your issue.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

The line item 10 carrying the 0 invoice Qty is in error. Hence there will be no accounting document generated for line item 10 , however for other line items the  G/L for the pricing condition are posted.

Br

Krishna

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to execute VFX3 transaction manually for all your affected billing documents

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What error system is giving when you try to release to accounting ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi garu,

The error message face is "

Pricing error in item 000001"

where  the line item carrying the 0 Qty (as a result of batch split)  in the invoice is going into the error.

as shown in the below screen shot.(this one is a simulated doc as per the error faced in Production )

Please suggest