cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC fails - Program not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a TCP/IP RFC that fails with reason ''ERROR: program not registered''.

How can i identify what program is being called? and the location of this program?

Under technical settings tab, the program ID mentioned in Registered Server Program may not be the actual program, am i correct?

Is there a way to trace which program and from what location it is being called?

Please advice.

Regards,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

You can use

rfcexec -a Test -g meinSAPhost -x sapgw00

The test program 'rfcexec' is

registered unger the program ID 'Test' at the gateway host  'meinSAPhost' at the

port 'sapgw00' of the gateway

BR

Atul

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are trying to connect to Java stack there should be a JCo RFC created in the J2EE system with the program ID. Check and maintain entries in Visual Admin and start Jco.

Program Id can be identified from TCP/IP RFC itself.

Also refer below note:

353597 - Registering RFC server programs

Regards,

Jayadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Jayadeep, the program id is within the RFC 'CISRETURNRFCINIT' however, how can i determine if it is the actual program, and how to determine from where the program is being called, this appears to be an external program. Any options to check logs/traces for the failed RFC and from where, what is being called?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask the release of your kernel and if 720 as per the current release i would ask you to check the below parameter.

Please read these
1480644 - gw/acl_mode versus gw/reg_no_conn_info
SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP Security Guide - SAP Library
If you set the parameter gw/acl_mode to 0 then there is no restriction for starting or registering external programs
If you set the parameter gw/acl_mode to 1 then the system will restrict you unless you maintain reg_info and sec_info files.
Refer to these notes as well
1408081 - Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info
1069911 - GW: Changes to the ACL list of the gateway (reginfo)
1850230 - GW: "Registration of tp <program ID> not allowed"
1305851 - Overview note: reg_info and sec_info

Thanks

Rishi Abrol