cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order Document Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to create an application which shows the data as seen on the "Document Flow" screen of a Sales Order.

I must be able to enter the Sales Order Number and the application must display the status of the order, just like in document flow.

Can someone let me know how to go about this?

Any bapis, relevant tables, etc ?

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Approach 1:

U can create BAPI or RFC enabled function module to achive This.

Create RFC model in ur webdynpro application and call u BAPI/rfc enabled FM into

ur application.Map them ,Bind them and execute the Model.

Approach2:

U can directly display ur DOCUMENT flow R/3 screen in Portals.

In Portals

1)Create system for ur R/3.

2)create a transaction Iview and assign ur Document flow tcode into this Iview

3)Display them

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramganesan,

Approach 1: This is how we have implemented now.

Approach 2: First of all, we dont want to use Transaction iViews. Secondly, Since Document Flow R/3 screen is only a part of the VA03 and VA02 transactions, if I use these transactions, the initial screens will be displayed and not the Document Flow Screen. Is there a separate transaction code for Document Flow?

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

I would try to call the transaction BAPI (release 4.6C) in sap backend and go to the sales order section and check the input and output parameters of standard SAP BAPIs you need (look for example to BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST).

In my case, we have developed our own BAPIs based on standard BAPIs from SAP.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Frank

By the way, if you are in higher releases like mySAP ERP 2005 there are much more interfaces for Sales Order than in release 4.6c. Don't know your release so I think it's perhaps important to know that for you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the delayed response.

Anyhow, we tried implementing the document flow functionality by creating a custom function module. We used tables VBFA, VBUK and VBUP, retrieved the relevant data and used the 'Tree' UI element of Webdynpro to present this data to the user.

We could not find any other straight forward approach to this.

If there is a better approach to achieve this, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Reena