cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I best automatically create a WIA Plants Abroad Billing document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need advice on a point of config, for billing an STO in a Plants Abroad situation. I have a possible course of action to resolve my problem, but I'm looking for suggestions for a simpler solution.

Currently (before we introduced Plants Abroad) our config for STO and billing is as follows:-

We create an STO, with Purchase Doc type UB.

A replenishment delivery - document type NL is created.

This delivery is then billed using billing document type F2. We create our invoices both manually, using VF01, and automatically, running program SDBILLDL in a background job.

In config this is a simple sequence - Document UB is set to default to delivery type NL.  The NL document type is set to default sales order type DL, and DL is in turn set to default to billing type F2.

Now we have introduced Plants Abroad for one plant which is in Spain but belongs to our UK company code.  We are set up to use the same STO document type UB, then delivery type NL, which has been set up in copy control so that the Plants Abroad billing type WIA can be used with it.  When I create billing documents using VF01, and I enter the WIA document type this works fine.

However, when I don't enter a document type, or when the program is run, it is F2 that defaults.  I understand why this is happening, because of the sequence of config described above.

So, my question is - how can I best amend my config so that WIA will be automatically defaulted for the Plants Abroad items, but F2 will continue to be defaulted where Plants Abroad does not apply?

When I look at the config it seems to me that it's a continuous one-to-one chain, and that I will therefore need to create a new Purchase Document type, new sales order type, and a new delivery type.  This seems a very heavy-handed way of solving the problem.  Does anyone know of an easier, simpler way?  Or is there maybe a possible solution involving User Exits?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Val

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Val

I guess you will need a separate flow for the plants abroad scenario.

The billing type that is written to VKDFS for this STO scenario will be coming
from the default order type DL (F2 is probably set against DL in VOV8) this is
picked up by SDBILLDL.
So you have
UB (DL) > NL > F2
To default a separate WIA billing type you would need a new flow
ZUB (ZDL) > ZNL > WIA 
(Where the default billing type defined against ZDL is WIA)
In this case the system will write the billing type WIA to VKDFS when you
post the goods issue on delivery type ZNL and you will be able to run
VF04 to generate the WIA invoices collectively instead of via VF01.

Hope it helps
Kind regards
Brian 

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see SAP Note 109254 - Customizing stock transport order Cross Company

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't really fit my situation - I'm not talking about cross-company, I just need a way to recognise when WIA is appropriate, and when it is not.

Thanks anyway,

Val