Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP-License on cluster system

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We got an error message: License expiration date: 2014/01/14( In 14 days) recently. I remember I installed SAP licenses on two nodes and fail over successfully.

Q1. Why did (Hardware key) change? Maybe that' why SAP use a temporary license key.

Q2. I try to install a new license key but I find if I install on APP server 1 and I logon into APP server 1, the error message will disappear. But If I logon to APP server 2, the error message persists. So I have to install it on every APP server if I do not want to restart SAP instances. I try to run $sync but it does not work. I have 23 APP servers and it is annoying. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to obtain separate licenses for each Hardware key corresponding to each individual nodes.

Login to each application server and apply the license.

Before applying licenses/obtaining hardware key for license remove any other old licenses existing in the system.

Use tab Digitally-Signed licenses or top menu "Edit"> "Install license" incase of issue in Slicense.

Thanks and regards,

Jayadeep P J

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for your helps.

1. I know I have to install two license keys for two (hardware) nodes and I do believe I did it about two months ago. Maybe I did not do it successfully last time when I test failover. Anyway, I will check next time if there are two permanent keys in SLICENSE.

---

By the way, I have 4 10GbE NICs on each node. Maybe I changed it a couple weeks ago.

Change NIC will change hardware key, right?

---

2. "Login to each application server and apply the license."

> That's why I feel it makes no sense. Why didn't SAP synchronize the key I have inputted in the first dialog instance to the other dialog instances?

>I usually installed license key on one dialog instance and restart all dialog instances before and it worked. But I didn't know if  I want to do it without restart SAP, it has to be done one by one.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dennis ,

forget the Temporary License shown in the SAP LICENSE ADMINISTRATION ,because whenever you click New License button it will show you the all new license you apply ,

Q1. Why did (Hardware key) change?

Because you are using different Hardware (2node for cluster), so there is HW key for each node and you have to add all HW key during License Generation

Q2

you have to add all HW key during License Generation otherwise license will be Invalid if your  instance move to others node which is the HW key is not registered in the license

follow the Instruction in the following sap note

181543 how to request two keys under the same <SID > with different hardware keys

Best Regards ,

AhMeD

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, what is digitally-signed license keys? How do I receive it?

When I execute SLICENSE -> Goto -> New licenses, the system has no reponse at all(does not run any program or pop up a window).

former_member45419
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below comments..

Q1. Why did (Hardware key) change? Maybe that' why SAP use a temporary license key

1619879 - licensing of HA/DR/cluster -> invalid license

Q2. I try to install a new license key but I find if I install on APP server 1 and I logon into APP server 1, the error message will disappear. But If I logon to APP server 2, the error message persists. So I have to install it on every APP server if I do not want to restart SAP instances. I try to run $sync but it does not work. I have 23 APP servers and it is annoying. Please help

Can you please explain this more what do you mean by app server.

Did you try to restart the system . Please follow the above note for installing license on HA.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Application server means dialog instance. I found my system has temporary license after failing over. I have to re-install license which is received from SAP today. So if I install into dialog instance 1 and I logout and login to dialog instance 1 again, the error message will disappear. However, if I login to dialog instance 2, the error message is still there(I don't know why but SAP does not synchronize the new permanent license key to all the other dialog instances). That's why I have to install SAP license over and over again into other (have not been installed license key) dialog instances.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis Lee,

Please check in slicense whether you have license entries for both the hardware keys

Node 1 as well as Node 2. If not request relevant license and apply on the missing Node.

Post this bring back the system to normal operational state ( based on your HA setup).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori