cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update quantity in a contract with credit for returns??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, please help!

I have this scenario, a current contract is having a sales order, and his invoice, then i have a return, a return delivey and a credit for return, when im trying to create a new sales order with reference in the credit for return (business requirement) then the contract is not updating this quantity, i have try the VTAF pos/neg quantity with +

But when i create a new sales order with reference of my contract , the order quantity   is not updated .

please let me know where i am going wrong

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, for my draft, MoazzaM you got it!, and I feared that the requirement was above the SAP standard.

The requiremet indeed is a "re-invoicing" process, where a sales order with reference to the credit invoice RE, the referenced quantity will update in the original contract.

Thanks!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dea Calleja

I got your requirement and I am afraid that this won't be possible in standard SAP settings. I assume from updating quantity in contract means that contract status should be updated accordingly when sale order is created. I have tested this in my system as well and found that we can only update the status if we create sale order w.r.t contract not w.r.t return invoice.

I dont know why your business is asking for this and what is logic behind this requirement. If you create new sale order w.r.t credit invoice it will reflect in document flow and same will happen if you create it w.r.t contract so what is the difference? Please convince your client to follow standard SAP and try not to go for any ABAP work for that.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Jelena is right that its difficult to understand your question but according to my limited understanding you are saying that when you are creating sale order with reference to the credit invoice RE the referenced quantity is not updating in original contract. Right? If this is the case then I am afraid system won't update that. If you will create new sale order again with reference to that contract then it should update quantity and reference in contract.

In your case you are taking that document as reference which comes after whole sales process and then whole return process then how would system update the reference in original contract which is far away from new sale order.

Don't know I am going to right direction or not but from your statements I assumed your question on my own.

Thank$

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I might be not the only one having trouble understanding the question. What "this quantity" / "order quantity not updated" and where? What are you expecting to see? Can you explain in the SAP terms and maybe provide a specific example?