cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMPARE PATCH LEVELS of SAP SYSTEMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to be able to compare the patch levels of my SAP systems. All the patch level information is in SOLUTION MANAGER , however I have not been able to find a simple report to meet my needs.

For example: I would like to compare the patch levels of my dual stack BW systems BWP production and BWD development.

I want to make sure that the patch levels for the following components are exactly the same for both systems.

KERNEL

JAVA components

ABAP components

DATABASE LEVEL

Ideally I’d like a simple report to run for each system which I can download to a text file and use a product like Beyond Compare to compare them.

Currently, I have to get the information separately.

Any ideas?

Regards

Tony Lewis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Compare the landscape information is part of the IT consistency check and more over Solution manager has the support for all these ITIL requirements, You can use Configuration Validation feature for this feature.

please refer the overview here

and here

some more demos you can find in http:.//service.sap.com/rkt-solman try with older version 7.0 ehp1 also

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your input. I will research it all in the upcoming weeks.

Regards

Tony Lewis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tony, the correct way is following Jansi indications with Solution Manager Configuration Validation, that give you a more options to compare.

But if you are looking for a quick option to check SP of some systems in your solution manager landscape you can use something like that with Lumira or Excel.

http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2013/08/08/compare-solman-product-version-data-with-pam-to-...

That post if to check end of maintenance but you can add more fields at software component level to check SP differences.

Hope that can help you,

Best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not entirely sure if the information is available as a standard report, it is possible. What Solution Manager version are you using? Is LMDB in the picture? All the information should be available in the SMSY_SYST_COMP table, you could write an ABAP program to reproduce the result you want.