cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport/Export some of XI content to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have XI content in DEV system, but i need to Transport/Export only part of it to QA; and its complex to look for each objects/or I make mistake selecting all tiney objects like from DT to OM. wondering is there any way to Transport/Export all objects related to Operation mapping. so that everything is taken care. instead of selecting each objects; I'm using CTS+.

Thanks.

Prema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

I think you can check with below option that may help:

Select the require OM and copy with temporary namespace with depended objects this way you know the what are related object in your namespace

then just define the object name with actual namespace and transport it.

regrads

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

this seemed easy for me. thanks!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

You can transport by individual object,  full namespace or change list, at least under 7.11 and previous versions. For me it's somenthing to define before to start a development.

More information:

Transporting XI Objects (SAP Library - SAP Exchange Infrastructure)

Cheers,

Roberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

As above said ,if you want to transport only few objects within the interface .You need to export objects individually there is no other go .You should have clear understanding on what objects need to transport .Even if you transport whole interface in a go it doesn't harm .

Below are the options  available.

Export folder with contents

With SWCV

With Name space Definition

Include deleted objects -->If you want to delete some objects in target system.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema

Unfortunately we don't have any option for doing that. We can export the objects either for the entire s/w , entire namespace or we need to select individual objects.

In your case, you need to select the individual objects and choose the appropriate DT,MT  ,SI , mapping and OM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This can be easily done in Export/Import Method.

Am not sure if we can do by OM. But, for sure, we can do it by Namespace[all objects of ns].

pls refer below link,

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Basis/Transport/Page2.htm

-santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish n Santosh; yeah I know it could be done by namespace/SWCV; I have lot of objects under those and not all I wanted to transport; thought I will group them under something else.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

there is no way to select all the objects related to operation mapping.

you need to try any other option.

regards,

Harish