cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between Material document and Physical inventory document in Warehouse Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing one report for Physical inventory in SAP warehouse Management, I am trying to link between Material document generated from Physical inventory in ware house management.

In LI01 we create a Physical Inventory document, and then count in LI11 and then post the differences in LI21.

When we create a document in Physical inventory , it creates entry in LINK and LINV. When you clear it through LI21, it creates a Material document for the difference qty and amount.

These are saved under IKPF and ISEG.

But common fields are "Material, Plant, Storage location and Batch". however when you create a report with these fields , system will fetch more data. Even you filter with movement type 7* we may end up with many document.

My question is there any link for unique field "IVNUM" to material document or any other unique identifier for physical invetory docuemnt generated through WM to corresponding material document.

Your answer to this will be highly appreciated and acknowledged.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhansu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually think you cannot get a 100% relation

It depends pretty much on your customizing for the movement types, whether you are using dynamic coordinates or fixed coordinates.

Only in case you use dynamic coordinates and those are defined as storage bin, then you can achieve it as explained above.

But there are usually much more differences posted via the difference storage type 999, it is not only a physical inventory.

You can as well have differences from normal TOs, where you found a difference while picking.

and the customizing in OMLX is different from the setting for the 711 - 718 movement types regarding the coordinate. In any case you would not find an inventory document in table ISEG for such differences  which are posted as well with 711-718 movement types in inventory management.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu

if i have to write the FS/ TS then i will first pick the unique record (MSEG-MBLNR  & MESG-LGPLA) from the MSEG table for all the movement type. This will provide me the material document number against the WM physical inventry document number and  then i will set the relation of MSEG-MBLNR with ISEG-IVNUM to get the detail of the material batch and qty.

The above statment is just a thought, if u can share what exactly you want to fetch/ display in your report then we can provide some more information

Happy New Year 2014

Cheers

Manish kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish Kumar,

Thanks for writing this thread.

Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year.

Yours idea looks good. Let me look in to it.

The requirement is like this, to which I mapped the table and field as below.

Warehouse No. LINV   - LGNUM
Inventory rec. LINV   - IVNUM
Inventory item LINP/LINV   - IVPOS
Quant LINV   - LQNUM
Invent. status LINV   - ISTAT
Storage Type LINV   - LGTYP
Storage Location LINV   - LOGRT
Storage Bin LINV   - LGPLA
Article LINV   - MATNR
Site LINV   - WERKS
Batch LINV   - CHARGE
Counted qty LINV   - MENGE
Base Unit LINV   - MEINS
  Counted qty in Alt Unit LINV   - MENGA
Book Unit LINV   - ALTME
  Book qty LINV   - GESME
Difference  qty   - GESME -MENGE
Value Difference ISEG   - DMBTR
Currency ISEG   - WAERS
Section LAGP   - LGBER
WM Inventory Doc no ISEG   - MBLNR
Last Inventory Doc Date

-

Kindly suggest if any further comment on this.Your valuable inputs will be acknowledged.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

O.k, You can take Material document from MSEG with LGNUM . Now when you pass Material document to ISEG , you will get physical inventory document .

Now how to establish a link between ISEG to LINV or LINK.?

Inventory record number and Physical Inventory document both are two different document number.

Plz. put some light, if any.?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu

Now based on your requirement i will suggest pick pick mentioned value from MSEG

MSEG-MBLNR (This is the Material document number, in my example 100000519)

MSEG- MJAHR(Material document year, Considet this if the number gets reset after few year)

MSEG-LGNUM (Optional, to be on safer side to do some check later on)

MSEG-LGPLA(This is the WM inventory documnet number in my case number 195 & 196)

Based on the MSEG-LGNUM + MSEG-LGPLA value find the corresponding entry in field LINV-LGNUM and LINV-IVNUM (populate all the required field which is required in your report)

Once all the record are populated then go back to MSEG table and pick the value MSEG-MBLNR and find the corresponding entry in the table ISEG-MBLNR, so now your internal table is having both the value material document number and WM inventory document number now based on these data you can populate or calculate other filed. Consider the year or date as down the line 5 or 10 year u will have same number appearing again (only if number range gets reset).

Hope this will help. Please have a look and share your view

Let me know if you need any further input

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

MSEG - LGPLA is not the same as LINV- IVNUM, the number in LGPLA is not equal to IVNUM in my system.

Any idea on this.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhansu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to know from the number, from your customizing, by asking senior colleagues what this number is, but you cannot expect that someone in SCN can tell you this part. And just saying it is not the same does not really help further, or do you think different?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen

With due respect.I know what I am asking . I don't require such counseling. To me forum is a space many mind assemble and if any one having similar situation, can suggest . and which makes other easier to understand and in many cases also it is easier to communicate business people that such scenarios exists...

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Without knowing the system configuration it is very difficult to tell you what are those number.

Just a hunch.might be helpful to track what are those number.

Check the setting Under

IMG--LE---WM---ACTIVITIES ----Define movement tyoe

Check what it the setting for source and Destination storage type /bin maintainted for Movment type 711/712

Cheers

Manish

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

You can plug IVNUM value in MSEG-LGPLA field to get a corresponding IM material document for the WM PID. LGTYP obviously be '999'.

Hope this helps~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddi,

Thanks for writing for this post.

Question is how to link with MSG entry and LINV or LINK.

LGTYP is "999" in MSEG, and LGPLA is coming some number. What are those number ? Do you have any idea.?

Again for LGTYP "999" in MSEG the LGTYP in LINV is different .

requirement is to establish the link.

If any suggestion , kindly revert.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhansu