cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know which "Active Product Version" to choose?

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am running Solution Manager 7.1 SP9.

I am trying to setup a managed system running the application SRM 7 EhP1 on NetWeaver 7.02 into this solution manager server.

In SMSY the SRM server shows 4 "Active Product Versions"

EHP1 for SAP SRM 7.0

SAP EHP2 for SAP Netweaver 7.0

SAP GRC Access Control 5.3

SAP SRM 7.0

Should only choose one? Which one? The server has all four components loaded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

In solman 7.1, smsy is only for display , cant edit. All your modifications about the products should be done in Technical system editor ( LMDB) and product system editor.

In your case, SRM 7 EhP1 on NetWeaver 7.02 is the Technical system, it might have one ore more product instances available, as per your case it was 4. its normally more than one.

Some cases you might be having more than one technical systems also for example ( Dual stack ABAP or Java), such case we assign both technical systems to one product systems.

if you want to understand the difference between technical system, product instanes, product system refer here

As per SAP standard you are not supposed to change anything manually in Technical system editor for product instance assignment, It should reflect from SLD.

Whereas in product system editor you can assign the product instances with the suggestions provided by Verification check.

For your case, please proceed as below

1. Execute Solman_Setup-> managed system configuration -> Select the system-> step 1

2. Click display product system button -> edit

3, Run the verification check from the left panel

4. Add all the suggested product instances

More reference follow the wiki

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Timothy,

sure you are on SP9? as I known SP9 was only released for Labs, not for customers or partners,

you don't have to use SMSY,  follow thats steps:

-SMSY, delete the system

-got to managed system and update SLD from RZ70

-wait until technical system is download to LMDB

-add product system

-run Verification tool and fix warnings

now you will see the system on SMSY correct

regards,

Luis